ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Power from the battery in MY99 with A/C

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2006, 11:10 AM
DjArcas
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power from the battery in MY99 with A/C

I've seen a few threads on this, but none of them seem to be very helpful (without pictures, descriptions have to be very accurate) - kinda suprised it's not on the FAQ (or it is, and I'm stupid)

So, my question is this:

How do I get a nice thick power cable from my battery in my MY99 turbo to the boot, given that I have A/C, and a second radiator under the hood scoop? Every guide I've seen simply says to go through the A/C grommit, which I can barely see, and it looks very full.
(I had a peek through a random scoob's hood scoop in a car park shows that without the second radiator and no a/c, this is an easy job, but I can't see how to do it on mine!)

There's a very large grommit on the driver's side, but I've tried feeding wires/shining lights down it, but can't see where on earth it comes out inside the car.

Can anyone help little old me?

edit: preferably without drilling holes; Halfrauds want to charge me 90 quid for the job, too
edit: this is the best thread I found on this so far : http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/archive/i...ble-t77p1.html but this involves drilling

Last edited by DjArcas; 23 January 2006 at 11:13 AM.
Old 23 January 2006, 09:56 PM
jag_h
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine has a/c too. i still managed to feed a 4awg through with it.. the a/c bleed pipe gets a bit squished, but it doesnt matter if the dent made is at the top of the pipe....