ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Pioneer AVIC X1R

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2006, 06:04 PM
ScoobyNoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer AVIC X1R

All going well I'm getting a Pioneer AVIC X1R installed on Friday, going to cost £1235 which I think (hope!) is a pretty good price for a satnav system with 6 disc changer and fitting. Also has a 3 year warranty.

Picasso: How are you getting on with yours?

Anyone else here got one or dealt with Digital Sound Direct? Shop link follows:

http://digitalsounddirect.co.uk/shop...ts_id/767.html

Steve

Last edited by ScoobyNoob; 03 January 2006 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04 January 2006, 07:05 PM
picasso
Scooby Regular

steve,
all done & dusted, took me approx 4hrs to install, i put the hide away unit under the clock mounting panel (a nice snug fit) the hardest thing to do was run the wires into the boot for the reverse signal connection.
i havnt used the map mode too much - i keep it switched to the vehicle dynamics screen with the outer dials set to acceleration/deceleration g- forces & lateral g-foces. everything on this unit is pretty damn good except for the radio reception which is crap.

cheers

rog
Old 04 January 2006, 07:42 PM
evolutionice.com
BANNED

why didnt you just pick up the reverse wire on the drivers sill or kickpanel?
Old 04 January 2006, 07:52 PM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

Is the vehicle dynamics thing built in and come with it too?? I was thinking of getting one. Sounds great all round unit.
Old 05 January 2006, 06:50 AM
picasso
Scooby Regular

evolutionice - i suppose i could have picked the reverse wire up where you say but i had no equipment to trace the required wire apart from the colour of the sheathing i was not that confident of picking the correct one.

legacysti - yes the vehicle dynamics is built in to this system - log on to the pioneer web site or any ice dealer for details. i got mine from digital sounds direct
Old 08 January 2006, 04:28 PM
ScoobyNoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by picasso
steve,
all done & dusted, took me approx 4hrs to install, i put the hide away unit under the clock mounting panel (a nice snug fit) the hardest thing to do was run the wires into the boot for the reverse signal connection.
i havnt used the map mode too much - i keep it switched to the vehicle dynamics screen with the outer dials set to acceleration/deceleration g- forces & lateral g-foces. everything on this unit is pretty damn good except for the radio reception which is crap.

cheers

rog
Thanks for that. The vehical dynamics displays sounds nice, bit flash but what the heck

I ended up only ordering the unit from Digital Sounds as I couldn't get in to Wembley to have it fitted on Friday. Hopefully it'll turn up on Monday as I'm getting some Alpine front speakers and sound damping fitted locally on Tuesday. Hopefully they'll have time to fit the satnav as well. As the scoobs only a year old I don't fancy monkeying around with it much myself, would rather a pro does it!

Cheers
Steve
Old 10 January 2006, 12:53 PM
Neil W
Scooby Regular

The vehicle dynamics is very good but Pioneer have now released a seperate unit to show Vehicle Dynamics which gives much more including BHP and Torque - dunno how it does this but it looks good
Old 10 January 2006, 06:45 PM
ScoobyNoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neil W
The vehicle dynamics is very good but Pioneer have now released a seperate unit to show Vehicle Dynamics which gives much more including BHP and Torque - dunno how it does this but it looks good
Nice but I think my Scoob budget is now well and truly blown for a while, the last few months have been damned expensive

Got some Inifinity 6000CS's put in the front today, what a difference. To anyone still debating whether to rip out the standard jobbies, just do it! Just got to wait until next Monday to get the Pioneer installed, can't wait

When I picked the car up I was a bit surprised to find that scoob had tweeters in already, I always thought they were an option for some reason.

Steve