Kenwood Sat Nav

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2005, 07:30 AM
Slap Head
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kenwood Sat Nav

Hi

I've got a Kenwood sat nav to fit in my 2001 WRX, does anybody know what connector under the dash, the speed sensor wire is on. Before anybody says look on ravensblade-impreza i've already done that and i can't seem to identify what wiring diagram relates to my car . Can anbody post a pic of the connector ?

Tim
Old 18 December 2005, 11:10 AM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

have a look here, scroll down to Subaru

http://www.apexi-usa.com/pdf/technic...tation/199.pdf
Old 19 December 2005, 12:16 AM
Bugatti
Scooby Regular

I fitted one to my 04 wrx, not sure if it is the same but I tapped the speed sensor wire into the cable behind the clocks. Green and yellow I think was the colour of the speedo cable. When you remove the clocks IIRC there are three plugs, if you're sitting in the drivers seat looking forwards its on the right handside plug.

All the local ICE shops were unwilling to share information which isn't a surprise as us DIYers are doing them out of business. I got this info off subaru uk who were very helpful, he gave me the number to what he said was "the most knowledgable subaru electrician in the country". Dont have the number anywhere now but i was well pleased with how helpful subaru uk were.

HTH

Some people think its easier to wire it up at the ecu end, but I found this to be the easiest way.

If you still struggle to do it then pm me and I will take a pic of where i tapped into mine and point out the correct connector when i have some time.

As for the illumination one I connected that to the illumination on the actual head unit.

The hand brake sensor is connected to a separate switch so that I can flick the switch and be able to utilise all functions while on the move (but this is deemed unsafe hence the safety feature that cuts off most of the input buttons on the screen once on the move) . It does look weird tho when the sat nav calibration screen displys the car moving at **mph but the hand brake showing as being on.

Let us know how you get on.

Naz.
Old 19 December 2005, 07:03 AM
Slap Head
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your help guys, i'm looking at fitting it between xmas and new year, if the wife allows , i'll let u know how i get on

Tim
Old 19 December 2005, 10:09 AM
gazzared_typer
Scooby Regular

Default I fitted a sat nav to a MY05 sti

So this might be different, but have a look at this thread, as I've tried to highlight the wire from the picture taken.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=437707

I hope this helps

Gazza
Old 03 January 2006, 07:44 PM
Slap Head
Scooby Regular

Fitted sat nave yesterday, thanks for your reply gazza but the MY01 is different. But it was an absolute doddle to find speed sensor wire, used a PDF workshop manual bought on e-bay to find which connector on the speedo/rev counter pod contained the required cable,i didn't bother to connect reverse light sensor, but the unit seems to work just fine without it

Tim

Last edited by Slap Head; 03 January 2006 at 07:47 PM.