Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Jap TV headunits work over here?

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2005, 10:17 AM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jap TV headunits work over here?

My R34 GTR arrived with an Alpine IVA-M700 JS Head Unit. I have bought a fm expander for it, so I can listen to uk radio stations.

The headunit also has a TV Feed, and an arial on the rear shelf - which was an added bonus! When I tried it, no channels would tune in - which I did in someways expect. Does anyone know what freq the jap stations run on compared to uk ones? Do I need a new arial to get this to work? or something else?
Old 21 November 2005, 11:05 AM
abbiesdad
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChristianR
My R34 GTR arrived with an Alpine IVA-M700 JS Head Unit. I have bought a fm expander for it, so I can listen to uk radio stations.

The headunit also has a TV Feed, and an arial on the rear shelf - which was an added bonus! When I tried it, no channels would tune in - which I did in someways expect. Does anyone know what freq the jap stations run on compared to uk ones? Do I need a new arial to get this to work? or something else?
not to sure about new types which i think some can be switched from one system to another but the older ones are a different operating system.. pal ect, used to cost a lot eg £500 ish to convert from one to another but things have come down in price alot... you would need to see an expert.. would have thought any good importer would be abble to point you in right direction