mounting pioneer in a 03 plate sti

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2005, 07:48 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mounting pioneer in a 03 plate sti

guy's
at the moment i have an alpine single din jobbie and the forester pocket,now im swapping for a pioneer sat nav system,but the only problem im having is securing the unit onto the oe factory brackets in the dash,the alpine had side screw holes that lined up perfect to the bracket but the pioneer has no such holes,so any idea's as to securing the stereo

cheers mark
Old 06 June 2005, 09:49 AM
Up_North
Scooby Regular

Chances are you're gonna have to drill some holes into the left and right side cages to match the holes on the Pioneer. It's not that difficult

Alternatively drill some holes into the Pioneer to match the holes in the bracket - actually that's proably not a good idea!!!

Ian

Originally Posted by ethanrob
guy's
at the moment i have an alpine single din jobbie and the forester pocket,now im swapping for a pioneer sat nav system,but the only problem im having is securing the unit onto the oe factory brackets in the dash,the alpine had side screw holes that lined up perfect to the bracket but the pioneer has no such holes,so any idea's as to securing the stereo

cheers mark
Old 06 June 2005, 12:19 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Up_North
Chances are you're gonna have to drill some holes into the left and right side cages to match the holes on the Pioneer. It's not that difficult

Alternatively drill some holes into the Pioneer to match the holes in the bracket - actually that's proably not a good idea!!!

Ian
i think i will go with the first idea,second one seems a little
Old 06 June 2005, 03:33 PM
Up_North
Scooby Regular

If I remember rightly I think I may have even had to do some drilling to fit the Forester pocket into the lower "bay".

Ian