ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Humbug!

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2004, 06:53 PM
Schumacher
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Humbug!

Damn. Just blew the fuse on the power cable for the amp. The fuse was only a 40a because the one that came with the amp kit (80a) didn't work so I stuck out with the 40a. Turned up the volume to only 15, and pop it went!

Anyone know where I can get a set of 80amp AGU fuses? And another thing....is there any other way of sound proofing the boot, apart from using the 'special kits?'

Thanks,

-Schumacher
Old 19 December 2004, 10:46 PM
jag_h
Scooby Regular

you could stuff the space between the carpet lining and car panels with cushions! that might dampen the sound and rattling down a bit.
but if they get damp, and they will in this weather. they will stink. of damp.

For a quick fix on AGU fuses. any of your local ICE dealers will sell em. even halfords should have some. otherwise, try caraudiodirect.com
Old 20 December 2004, 12:12 AM
Schumacher
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the advice.

I've found a spare fuse, but thing is, I've put the new fuse in and still the amp doesn't work? It flashed on for a second and that's it. The head unit works fine and powers everything else apart from the amp running the subs.

I've also changed the fuse in the amp, but this doesn't make any difference either.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Cheers,

-Schumacher
Old 20 December 2004, 11:37 AM
jag_h
Scooby Regular

check all the connections once over. the live and grounding wires, make sure they are all secure.

after that, im not sure what could be wrong now... what fuse is in your amp? i usually use a fuse that is maybe 5-10amps bigger the the amp one... any more and the amp could be getting too much. any less, and you might starve the amp of good current flow.
Old 20 December 2004, 02:33 PM
Schumacher
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jag_h
check all the connections once over. the live and grounding wires, make sure they are all secure.

after that, im not sure what could be wrong now... what fuse is in your amp? i usually use a fuse that is maybe 5-10amps bigger the the amp one... any more and the amp could be getting too much. any less, and you might starve the amp of good current flow.
I've checked everything, but still it doesn't want to work. The fuse in the amp is a 100a.

Thanks.

-Schumacher