ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Big thank you to the ICE forum!

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2004, 05:33 PM
Mike P
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Big thank you to the ICE forum!

I've slowly been working on the ICE in my car and have just completed my first install. It's not too OTT, but the difference in sound quality is staggering compared to the original setup and in the end wasn't too expensive.

I don't think I would have attempted it without seeing Chiark's and Stefan's websites which really helped me plan the install, so cheers fellas.

I've installed a Woodstock DAB52 upfront, with the Autofun internal glassmount aerial - signal clarity is excellent. I improved the earthing in the car at the same time, which some people have said can help DAB reception.

Power comes from a Mac Audio Cyclone 6000 with Stinger wiring kit, cost me 50 quid off eBay.

Speakers are Infinity components upfront and co-axs in the rear. I'm not a Basscadet, so I've just rolled the top end off the rears using the amp crossover to give some bottom end without spoiling the soundstage, seems to work well.The missus is so impressed she's chipping in on the costs as well. Result!

The most important things I've learnt are:

1) Cuts on your hands heal in time
2) Subaru door grommets are instruments of Satan. I beat them into submission with a hand twizzled 6mm spade bit, which cuts through but doesn't make a massive hole.
3) A straightened coat hanger and some washing up liquid make your life a lot, lot easier.

Mike P