ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Want to connect AVIC-X1 to Road Angel 2

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2004, 09:05 AM
HomerJunior
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to connect AVIC-X1 to Road Angel 2

Just saw another post asking about connecting a PDA to a Road Angel and I got my AVIC-X1 Sat Nav yesterday. I was reading the manual and there is a bit about connecting the AVIC-X1 to a speed detector device. I was wondering what I need to connect the two.

I guess the AVIC-X1 uses the GPS built into the Road Angel to provide a signal so is the GPS receiver for the AVIC-X1 surplus to requirements? I am very confused.

The other question I have is that I bought a DAB unit to plug into the AVIC-X1 but it did not come with an aerial. I had a look about and a DAB aerial is £50! Is this really necessary or can I get away with not having one?

If anyone knows where I can get one cheap then please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06 December 2004, 07:23 AM
RobP
Scooby Regular

Can't answer you regarding the Road Angel. But you will definitely need a seperate aerial for the DAB unit. £35 to £50 seems to be the going rate depending on what type you choose.

My Pioneer roof mount was £40 but I know Blaupunkt do a combined DAB and FM roof mount about £50

Regards Rob
Old 07 December 2004, 05:38 PM
HomerJunior
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that. I guess the connectors are the same regardless of make (just like the normal aerial connectors.)

Anyone else got any info?

Originally Posted by RobP
Can't answer you regarding the Road Angel. But you will definitely need a seperate aerial for the DAB unit. £35 to £50 seems to be the going rate depending on what type you choose.

My Pioneer roof mount was £40 but I know Blaupunkt do a combined DAB and FM roof mount about £50

Regards Rob
Old 07 December 2004, 06:42 PM
graham72
Scooby Regular

just wondered why you wanted to connect the avic x-1 to your road angel? the gps in the x-1 should give you the speed reading anyway
Old 08 December 2004, 08:13 AM
HomerJunior
Scooby Regular

Something in the manual for the AVIC-X1 told me that I can have the two tied together. The main reason I want to tie the two together is that the AVIC-X1 should respond when the Road Angel goes off and pump the warning through my speakers (I think!)

I will put the page in the manual up here later so everyone can see what I am talking about.

Originally Posted by graham72
just wondered why you wanted to connect the avic x-1 to your road angel? the gps in the x-1 should give you the speed reading anyway
Old 08 December 2004, 10:05 AM
mplaczek
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi there,

I have the Avic-X1...

Are you sure the manual is not talking about the speed pulse. This is not the same as a road angel or similar device. It is a cable in the car that carries the info of how fast the car is moving. The Avic uses this info to help provide an accurate location of your vehicle if I'm not mistaken.

Perhaps we are not talking about the same thing though... best try this forum for proper advice from people that know what they are talking about unlike me who is just winging it:
http://www.avicx1forums.com/forum/

Lots of nice people that know what they are talking about, just like on scoobynet

Check out their General section there is a free updated nav disk avalible from pioneer. People on the forum have been making suggestions, comments and complaints and pioneer have been reading and did something about it
Old 08 December 2004, 12:22 PM
HomerJunior
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that. I din't even know there was an AVIC-X1 forum! Scoobynet to the rescue again!

Cheers.

Originally Posted by mplaczek
Hi there,

I have the Avic-X1...

Are you sure the manual is not talking about the speed pulse. This is not the same as a road angel or similar device. It is a cable in the car that carries the info of how fast the car is moving. The Avic uses this info to help provide an accurate location of your vehicle if I'm not mistaken.

Perhaps we are not talking about the same thing though... best try this forum for proper advice from people that know what they are talking about unlike me who is just winging it:
http://www.avicx1forums.com/forum/

Lots of nice people that know what they are talking about, just like on scoobynet

Check out their General section there is a free updated nav disk avalible from pioneer. People on the forum have been making suggestions, comments and complaints and pioneer have been reading and did something about it