Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Focal 165's V2 DO NOT FIT

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2004, 08:02 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Focal 165's V2 DO NOT FIT

I rang my local Ice dealer yesterday about upgrading my front speakers in MY04 Scoob.He suggested that i go for the Focal 165's V2 component's.
I asked him if he was sure that they would fit as I had heard via this site that they needed to be the slim Model, He assured me they would and quoted £250, which was a good price.
Needed a harness for my head unit, wiring kit for the Sub and blanking plate, As he was going to fit my amp, Sub and head unit, and the front speakers was going to charge £200 for fitting but would throw the dynamat in for free. One happy bunny !

BUT on collection of my Scoob he explained that the speakers would'nt fit so has ordered some slim ones with a reduction of £50, I told him what i had repeated the day before and said that they would'nt fit !
He could'nt Fit the head unit because the harness was'nt the correct one. So I have a Sub and amp fitted but not connected and he charged me £150 for the labour, Has promissed to look after me with the final bill when the speakers arrive on Tuesday !

I want to know what your thought's are on this and what i should pursue !

This is'nt a back street bodge it and scarper company by the way.

Your comment's will be appreciated.

Cheers
Old 22 October 2004, 08:35 PM
Nyk Sti8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simpsons !
I rang my local Ice dealer yesterday about upgrading my front speakers in MY04 Scoob.He suggested that i go for the Focal 165's V2 component's.
I asked him if he was sure that they would fit as I had heard via this site that they needed to be the slim Model, He assured me they would and quoted £250, which was a good price.
Needed a harness for my head unit, wiring kit for the Sub and blanking plate, As he was going to fit my amp, Sub and head unit, and the front speakers was going to charge £200 for fitting but would throw the dynamat in for free. One happy bunny !

BUT on collection of my Scoob he explained that the speakers would'nt fit so has ordered some slim ones with a reduction of £50, I told him what i had repeated the day before and said that they would'nt fit !
He could'nt Fit the head unit because the harness was'nt the correct one. So I have a Sub and amp fitted but not connected and he charged me £150 for the labour, Has promissed to look after me with the final bill when the speakers arrive on Tuesday !

Cheers
Well dont know if we are talking about the same Focals but I have Access 165 A's fitted in my sti 8 and they sound great.
Old 22 October 2004, 09:12 PM
papascooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the slims - they're pucka. Can't hear my PPP exhaust with the volume halfway

bits http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...s/323f4599.jpg
hu http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/PapaSpurs/hu.jpg
boot http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Spurs/boot.jpg
boot lid http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...dynatastic.jpg
mmmmmmm pg glow http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/PapaSpurs/pg.jpg
Old 28 October 2004, 12:25 AM
scoobytoo
Scooby Regular

Default focal speakers

Cheers
bought focal165kf v2 components today,sextons had just fitted a set in car yesterday they used vx astra spacers to bring em out, i'll let you know the out come when i try to fit em.waiting to get amp and sub 1st.
Old 28 October 2004, 11:06 AM
jonnie c
Scooby Regular

They do fit you've just got to make spacers for them out of 12mm mdf.
Only thing is, because of the depth of them your window's won't go all the way down!!
Old 03 November 2004, 06:02 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

Cheers
Update, The V2 slims are in and he knocked £100 off the bill for the inconvieniance, So total price was £350.
By the way sounds 1000 times better than the original speakers.