ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Bizarre ICE problem

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2004, 05:47 PM
yakboy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bizarre ICE problem

Just fitting my old ICE kit from my old scooby into my MY03. Fitted the door speakers and Multichanger without any probs (thanks to www.chiark.com , cheers mate), then onto the head unit.

My old head unit was a Pioneer KEH-P6020R which was a front fit din only so I couldn't fit it. Luckily in my VW camper I have a Pioneer DEH-P6500R which is front or rear fit, so I though problem solved. Wired it all up (had kept the scooby loom adapter so was a piece of ****), and multichanger & compact disc working a treat but the tuner will not tune into anything. Popped the head unit back in the camper & it tuned in fine. Put the double din kenwood back in the scooby & it worked fine. As a last resort I tried the Front fit head unit as a test to see if it was an incompatibility between the ariel and pioneer head units but this tunes in fine.

So in summary the DEH-P6500R head unit tunes in fine in my VDub camper but not in the scooby, but all other head unit's I've tried in the scooby work fine.

Wot's going on ???

I'm E-mailing pioneer but I'd thought I'd pick scoobynet's brains first

Cheers

Simon
Old 30 August 2004, 06:32 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

it could be the aerial lead/socket on the stereo, the plug might not be making good contact inside. Try pushing the plug firmly home, then pulling out 5mm. Or bend up thespring contact on the aerial plug slightly so it's a tighter fit in the socket.
Old 30 August 2004, 11:55 PM
RobP
Scooby Regular

Make sure you have conected the power lead for the aerial as there is an amplifier behind the rear quarter panel near the rear windscreen. No aerial power lead = no signal.

Had the same problem when I fitted my pioneer in new scoob as the classics never needed a power lead for the aerial.

Regards Rob
Old 03 September 2004, 11:15 PM
TRF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobP
Make sure you have conected the power lead for the aerial as there is an amplifier behind the rear quarter panel near the rear windscreen. No aerial power lead = no signal.

Had the same problem when I fitted my pioneer in new scoob as the classics never needed a power lead for the aerial.

Regards Rob
Ah, this sounds alot like the same problem i have got, i can get som stations but no where near as many as i could with the same head unit in my last car.. wont the aerial be conected if you use the adapter or is it outside the main loom? if so which wires need conecting together?

thanks, and sorry for the hijack
Old 04 September 2004, 12:31 AM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

Look here

http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuk...ewtopic&t=4840