ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

avic7500dvd

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2004, 03:53 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default avic7500dvd

Just wanted to say that I spent 45 mins sitting in the car in the garage having a long play around with the new head unit.

it was fitted several months ago but since the car hasn't been in my possession I haven't really had a chance to learn it.

The unit is incredible and anyone thinking they should go with the X1 should look at this for slightly less money though without navigation. To have navigation I admit it would cost much more but the functionality of this unit as an audiophile headunit it top notch.

Automatic and manual time alignment as well as auto set up of speaker tones via a permanently installed microphone which I keep coiled up under the handbrake.

independent acoustic adjustment for the position of occupents in the vehicle.

independent high pass filters for front and rear speakers. Designation of large small or off for all speakers.

Designation of subwoofer phase plus low pass frequency.

individual db trim for each speaker.

sound field control via pioneer dsp. prologic 2 rear field enhancement. when playing music.

On top of this the unit looks great and is completely intuative.

I can't imagine wanting another headunit ever again.

I don't need navigation but I want to install it just to open up some greater functionality and use more of the head unit features.

Only downside now is that with the control over the PG zx40 amplification being so good, I am finding the limits of the JL audio cross overs and tweeters very quickly indeed. Trouble is that I have little or no room to put in the correct avi ones to match the quality of the mid bass, the bass response of which is still astounding me.

I am looking around for the subs!

all in all, I haven't been so enthusiastic about car audio in a long while.

if considering this unit at all, try it at halfords before dismissing it.
Old 03 August 2004, 08:07 PM
richto
Scooby Regular

I have the AVIC 990 - the top of the range pack - yeah its the best system currently available apart from a couple of issues:

i) Pioneer dont do a WMA changer.
ii) Pioneer dont do a HDD changer.
iii) Pioneer dont do a DBS TV tuner
iv) No known way of getting multiregion on headunit.

Other than those small failings its the dogs bollokcs. Dont dream of buying it at Hellfrauds though.
Old 03 August 2004, 09:20 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Audiophile headunit + in a car = surely is a waste of time.

Seriously, it is a nice HU and I've been a Pioneer (in car) fan for years. But these past few years have had me move over to the Alpine gear (well, been pushed).

And on that note, are you looking for big boxed subs that leave you with no boot space or are you after something a bit more portable/reasonable ? If that later, take a look at the Alpine SWD-2000. I've got one and I cannot believe how much this little box kicks. Pair of them and you would be sorted and still have room in the boot for all the bits that fall off you car

Cheers

Ian
Old 03 August 2004, 10:37 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Default it's rather disappointing.

IWatkins

Perhaps you are more easily pleased than a previous post that I looked at?

eyeMAJIC: Said, I quote

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...1&page=1&pp=20

I've just fitted my Alpine SWD2000, and I have to say.....

....it's rather disappointing.

It fills out the sound nicely, but it doesn't do terribly much compared to my old amplified sub.... which was a Bazooka 6" mounted in tube with built in 40W amp. That darned thing used to make the rear view mirror unusable with vibrations!!
I think I'll keep the Alpine in for the moment, but I am finding it pretty quiet over the sound of my zorst... which is not particularly loud (Magnex).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That’s why I went for The Infinity BassLink X

Very pleased with it I am too……………………………………………….

See My Post

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=348321

Ajax
Old 03 August 2004, 10:56 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

The Alpine SWD2000 in my car (not a scoob) is so powerful (with gain on half) that my rear view mirror *is* unusable when the HU volume is cranked to "decent" levels. Not only that but I can still feel the bass in the drivers seat back at 80mph on the motorway. That is enough for me I seriously cannot recommend the Alpine unit enough....

I'm just wondering if the mounting of these all-in-one subs is critical to their performance ? I'm not too clued up on car acoustics myself, but I've heard the same gear mounted in different ways, in the same car, can sound totaly different.

Cheers

Ian
Old 04 August 2004, 12:05 AM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Ian

You obviously have a strong opinion about your Alpine SWD2000

I was not trying to play one against another, I was just surprised someone was so impressed after reading eyeMAJIC’s post.

I did not buy the Alpine after reading such a disappointing review in the first place.

My Infinity wobbles the rear view mirror also, but that’s not the reason I bought it.

I have set my head unit to high pass 76Hz and above frequency’s and the Sub deals with everything below that.

This means my main speakers don’t have to worry about low bass and the sub drowns out low frequency rear noise from the exhaust to some extent.

I agree with you on this, I can’t understand why anyone needs to loose their boot space to a sub, when technology has solved the space problem.

Ajax
Old 04 August 2004, 04:42 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

I am not bothering with subs.

Ian, I have to say, it has the features, but this is no audiophile unit. Far too many gimmicks.