2*12 Diamond M512 SUBS for sale

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2004, 09:54 AM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2*12 Diamond M512 SUBS for sale

In Professional black carpeted double box

These are top quality and are rated at 500wrms (each side minimum!!) and they will give you plenty (read - enough!!) of bass in the car!!!!!

(I tried various subs out including JL Audio, DLS, Kicker, and Diamond are superior to these...IMHO)

+/- Connections on each side for simple to install, ready to use

Cost about £700 in the box (still in very good condition)

Offers over £300 for collection!!!

Demo possible at the moment.......... (several £k install)

Bristol based
Old 08 June 2004, 10:18 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

IMHO, that's a deal. It's a steal. it's sale of the 'kin century.

I have a single Diamond M6 12" and that does a fairly nice job, even with only 400W tickling it...
Old 08 June 2004, 10:21 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO.. must resist...

Steve Im really tempted.. What box type.. twin or single chamber (push one sub lightly.. does the other move) ported or sealed.. box size?

I know you will know the answer to these.. also where did they come from? LCA?

David
Old 08 June 2004, 10:36 AM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

If you push one in the other does not move

Sealed box - made by the only company I trust in the Southwest - Cheltenham Car Audio (Genesis Main dealers in the s/w). Ported is ok if you want to run really big power but then you also need a mother of an amp for good sound - I'm only interested in top quality sound (which includes deep, crisp bass!!...thats also why I have Dynn Audio in the front............)

i.e. kev boy racers with their Alpine 10000w subs need not apply!!

LCA - no fkin way............ I did have 2 Diamond 510's from them a few yrs back now - but best mate bought these and he is over the moon with them!! - are these people still in business? - or has someone torched the place yet

400w.......... cripes you'd hardly notice that in the Scoob!! - 2 subs is a minimum in the Scoob

Only problem is the weight of course - but then it takes me about 30 secs to remove them - I have them bracketed so that they can be screwed into metal!!! - but then if you want quality you also have to have the weight - there is no trade off!!

ps - I dont really want to sell but I dont think the eardrums will last much longer - that said I have a +/- db on the amp................ These days though I dont seem to drive the Scoob very much..............
Old 08 June 2004, 10:38 AM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Box size is pretty big- well the right size for the Subs - I made sure that CCA made the box to the proper specs!!
Old 08 June 2004, 10:40 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?

I'm only interested in top quality sound (which includes deep, crisp bass!!...thats also why I have Dynn Audio in the front............)
Wanna buy my Nakamichi MB100 then..

Steve you REALLY dont need more than 1 sub in a wagon, when theres nothing between it and you
Old 08 June 2004, 10:51 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Aye, as David says, the wagons are a lot easier. With 1 12 I'm getting so much more output than my 2 JL 10W6s in a saloon.

David, I thought you wanted bass to make your nose bleed . I'd got you down for something like the RE 12" XXXs, or something equally silly!

Cheers,
nick.
Old 08 June 2004, 11:08 AM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

ahhhhhhhhhhh yes the benefits of having a wagon and being able to feel the bassssssssssss

I envy you both.......

The second scoob (runabout) was going to be a wagon but the wife wanted a sporty looking car (yeah you 2 are old before your time!!) - so the practicality and the stereo sounds went out of the window!!! - at least the newer scoobs have a bit on the rear sets that fold down...... ok not that good I guess...... hmm the coggs start wurring................

Dave

A naka...... I was looking at those about 1-2 yrs ago (you obviously have a good memory!!) but dont think it'll be that much better than my 7969 Alpine unit...... that said the pre-out voltage is low and the bit rate is not as the Naka but on my install I dont seem to notice...........

I am yet to find an amazing sounding install on a Saloon.... that said the huge Monoblock and the DLS's that LCA ran were quite nice - but I didnt have several grand to spare on a monster monoblock............ I have 2 Genesis amps in the car as it is...................

Chiark

2jl10w6's - nice but expensive as I remember- I got CCA to put a couple in the boot about 12 months back but I didnt feel that the bass had much more impact
Old 08 June 2004, 11:20 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

I got the 10W6s from the USA - one whilst I was over there on business, and one from ebay. The one I brought back caused me a slight panic, as "magnetic material" is not permitted on a plane, but the airline assured me that I was OK with it.
Old 08 June 2004, 02:03 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

nick, as steve says im old before my time.. I know steve has taste when it comes to car audio..

7969 is a good unit, ive got a phoenix gold line driver on there as well.. boosts the preout levels above the oem 5v

Allways intended to extend the digital output + control wires to mount the DAC near the amps.. The Clarion had proper optical outputs having said that people criticise
that its another stage of conversion when using optical..
Old 08 June 2004, 02:15 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

David,

In a word: bollocks . Old before your time my **** - you just want some sound quality at the same time as having your internal organs stirred by 12 inches of throbbing, er, speaker.

Cheers,
Nick.
Old 08 June 2004, 02:31 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Dave

Ice gear is far cheaper and easier to understand than Engine/Suspension mods!! - thats why I can take an interest in quality stuff................ and I can change things myself now rather than pay someone a fortune to do it!!

That said the Scoob saloon is not the car to practice on as its a tad more frustrating than owning a Wagon!!!

I was gonna put on a line out but I couldnt be bothered........ that said its a fairly cheap 'upgrade' compared to say the simple £600 4 channel Genesis (4*50w = about 4*100wrms realistically) that I use soley in bridged format to run the front speakers/tweaters
Old 08 June 2004, 04:36 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

You think thats bad, I had a <cough> rockford punch 100 bridged on the left and a punch 100 bridged on the right!

a punch 60 for rear fill and a punch 200 for subs..

should have just run the punch 200 to run the fronts and got a power series amp and subs

David
(Who really does like rockford and doesnt particuarly like many of the PG subs / amps)
Old 08 June 2004, 08:25 PM
elgordano
Scooby Regular

what sort of amp would i need to drive these beasts ??
Old 08 June 2004, 08:53 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Hmm

A reasonably powerful one

I only like top notch gear so something like a small monoblock or miniblock - Genesis would do - they only run in mono (so if you were to switch say to 6*9's you would not be able to get stereo sound - but then the better quality 6*9's should go fairly bassy to be ok with this anyway.........)

Just checked the tech spec on the monoblock that I use its 250w at 4ohms - which as its Genesis power can produce circa twice that amount. Arent the subs run at 2 ohms which means that in real terms it produces about 1000wrms!! - probably more as the Genesis amps are pretty powerful - but I use less than half the power!!! - maybe actually only about a third!!

I'd say you would need an amp that could comfortably produce about 500wrms - i.e. you can run a 500wrms sub at significantly less power on an amp...... as long as the amp is reasonable quality

Rememeber do not stress the amp - you should never run an amp at more than 2/3rds full power

and with these sort of subs you need to look into a Farad capacitor so that your subs dont drain the power (lights dimming)

I have a 1.5 farad which seems to do the trick. If you are running any subs (even 1) I would always advise a Farad Capacitor.... it stops the amp from 'clipping' (power surges) which if not stopped can destroy your component speakers as it can cause the magnet on the speaker to fail badly........... I learnt the hard way after £1k of destroyed speakers!!

So in answer to the question - you'd need maybe a 500w amp I reckon - should be ok (just make sure this is not just peak power though.... as it may not give enough power)

Anyone got any comments on that?
Old 08 June 2004, 11:40 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

sounds about right..

Theres a nice feeling listening to your system loud and the amps staying cold - warm.

a decent diesel battery or optima and 4awg if not 0awg gauge cable wouldnt go a miss.

David
Old 09 June 2004, 11:55 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Cold? Pah! The Continuum is dumping into a 1 ohm load on the sub channel, and the other channels are bridged into 2. It's being made to work. God only knows what the current draw is like, but I know the previous owner saw over 100A being drawn by it...

What's the config of these subs? Are they dvc, and if so what impedance is each coil?

Ta,
Nick.
Old 09 June 2004, 12:39 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Now your asking technical questions ........ I'm gonna have to find the Diamond subs booklet...... that will take a while

I would stress that these are not that loud in the Bass sub stakes - they just sound nice and are 'about right'... I could have opted for the MacDaddy's but Hey I wanted to hear into my 30's and 40's....................
Old 09 June 2004, 12:48 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Impedence 4 ohms
fmax 43Hz
power 500wrms
dbspl 112db at 60Hz

Mag alloy cone/cast alloy chassis/symmetrical air gap/forged backplate/aluminimium VC former/Long throw voice coil/4 layer copper coil/high power lead wires/integrated trim gasket/rubber magnet protector...........
doesnt say anything about dual voice cone..............
Old 09 June 2004, 02:51 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

SVC then by the sound of it.

are they hex or motorsport range?

either way these are really great subs and will be a bargain for someone.

Steve, why are you selling exactly? is it just because you have too much money sitting in a car that you don't use much?

btw. it's dyn audio which are great if you like smooth melifluous sound. I know I do! good choice.
Old 09 June 2004, 03:24 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Adam

Selling because my ears hurt too much these days (old age!)

Plus like you say - dont get much chance to use - I take the car out maybe once a month!!

I'd sell the car but I've piled to much into it...... so until I get a really well paid job (i.e well in excess of £100k a year) I'm keeping it

Not motorsport range - these ones were about 6 months before the m/sport ones came out.....
Old 09 June 2004, 03:32 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

melifluous
Bloody hell Adam, are you alright? Or have you been reading again?

It'd be good to catch up with you sometime mate!

Cheers,
Nick.
Old 09 June 2004, 08:37 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Chiark

Being in the patent law business Adam probably knows the English dictionary inside out!!
Old 09 June 2004, 08:39 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Wonder if theres any way of getting my old user name back........ lost the password and the email address sending was an old firm I used to work for

I want my sti5brigade back!! and April 2001 doesnt give me justice as a start date!!

Anyone know a man who can?
Old 10 June 2004, 12:56 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Steve, mail webmaster - he may be able to help, but it might be a complete pain in the, ah, neck to do that!

Adam owns a dictionary? I refuse to believe that...
Old 10 June 2004, 09:43 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

I decided to mail webmaster the other day - as yet still waiting..... cant be that difficult to sort out?

Adam doesnt need a dictionary these days!! - he could write one blind!!
Old 11 June 2004, 09:50 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Writing blind? That'd explain the posts then...

Has Mr Wallis not bought these from you yet? I'm slightly amazed! Give him a bell and cut him a deal. It'll be like taking candy from a baby, only in reverse
Old 11 June 2004, 09:57 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Im slightly skint.. so unless he wants to swap them for some go faster stripes

David
Old 11 June 2004, 10:39 AM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

You need to spend less on the Engine!!