ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Kenwood DDX7025

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2004, 10:46 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kenwood DDX7025

Thinking of getting one of the Kenwood DDX7025 double din head units for my sti, and have a couple of questions...

Can anyone who has got one comment on the sound quality etc.

Does anyone know of any reviews, or more importantly, screenshot of the display. The only pictures I've been able to find of it running show it playing a dvd, which doesn't really tell you too much about what it looks like when you've got the radio on for example. Don't want to spend all those pennies if it doesn't look good

Thanks,
Iain
Old 27 May 2004, 12:40 AM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Iain Young
Thinking of getting one of the Kenwood DDX7025 double din head units for my sti, and have a couple of questions...

Can anyone who has got one comment on the sound quality etc.

Does anyone know of any reviews, or more importantly, screenshot of the display. The only pictures I've been able to find of it running show it playing a dvd, which doesn't really tell you too much about what it looks like when you've got the radio on for example. Don't want to spend all those pennies if it doesn't look good

Thanks,
Iain
Iain, I've got one with Std speakers (For now ) & the improvement over o/e is marked (03 STi). Suspect with speaker upgrade it will be wicked.
The screen is quality & deffo looks very good. Touch screen is cool. I need about a week of reading the manual (telephone directory!) to get anything like all the features sorted!!!!!!!
Quite expensive tho.
Steve
Old 27 May 2004, 09:38 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that Steve.

When you're playing cds / mp3s / the radio, can you get "entertainment" displays such as bouncing equlizer bars etc, or is it all just static text / buttons etc.

Iain
Old 27 May 2004, 02:54 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Gawd, I'll have to check that one out! Still figuring out the on/off button!!!!!
Old 27 May 2004, 03:48 PM
JONNY.BRAVO
Scooby Newbie

Iain, don't hesitate to get it. Looks fantastic and sounds very good in my 03 STI. Had it in for three weeks now and last week had the matching kenwood tube put in the back. This has transformed the sound, even though the standard speakers are ****. when you haven't got the DVD on when driving (because of course that would have been wired up ilegal otherwise) you have three options of the screen 1-the fancy kenwood cloudy look, 2-part cloudy look/part CD/Radio info, or 3-Full details on the DVD/CD playing along with all the touch screen options.
It really is a cool bit of kit, my mate that put it in (who owns a car audio shop - jammy git!) took out his old pioneer kit and put one in his R32 golf. Just make sure it is set up properly and it will rock!
Cheers
Gregg.
Old 27 May 2004, 04:08 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Thanks Greg,

I'll be replacing my current Pioneer unit with it as I've been a bit unimoressed with the mp3 / wma support, and I fancy something new. Looks like this firmly at the top of my shopping list now

Do you know if it was easy to install (seeing as I'll be doing it myelf)...
Old 27 May 2004, 05:19 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JONNY.BRAVO
Iain, don't hesitate to get it. Looks fantastic and sounds very good in my 03 STI. Had it in for three weeks now and last week had the matching kenwood tube put in the back. This has transformed the sound, even though the standard speakers are ****. when you haven't got the DVD on when driving (because of course that would have been wired up ilegal otherwise) you have three options of the screen 1-the fancy kenwood cloudy look, 2-part cloudy look/part CD/Radio info, or 3-Full details on the DVD/CD playing along with all the touch screen options.
It really is a cool bit of kit, my mate that put it in (who owns a car audio shop - jammy git!) took out his old pioneer kit and put one in his R32 golf. Just make sure it is set up properly and it will rock!
Cheers
Gregg.
Any chance of seeing some pictures of the install
Old 27 May 2004, 05:58 PM
JONNY.BRAVO
Scooby Newbie

Iain, I haven't got a bloody clue on fitting-just let my mate get on with it. Shame you live so far away, if you like I can give you Andre's number at Moving Sounds, hes a top bloke.

Granby, being a total nightmare with a PC, I don't know how to post pics. I have a digi camera, so if you let me know how I will do my best.

Cheers guys
Gregg.
Old 27 May 2004, 07:06 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Granby, being a total nightmare with a PC, I don't know how to post pics. I have a digi camera, so if you let me know how I will do my best.

Cheers guys
Gregg.[/QUOTE]

Hi Gregg

You need to transfer your pictures from your digital camera to your PC, from there you should go to somewhere like www.photobucket.com and upload the photos from your PC to there website, from there each photo will have own link so all you have to do is quote the link to the photo and everyone will able to see the photo's

Hope this is of some help
Granby
Old 28 May 2004, 09:31 AM
JONNY.BRAVO
Scooby Newbie

Cheers Granby, will give it a go )

Gregg.