ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

advice please alpine head unit

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2004, 08:31 PM
r5obbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice please alpine head unit

just fitted the above today, but had to leave off the silver surround facia part as the surround from the centre panel wouldn't let me leave it on. it's on a 03 wrx .also i have heard you can get a pocket from subaru to go underneath it to fill in the other din. slot, or are there other types of facia plates available. does anyone know for sure if you can definately fit 16" speakers in the front and rear doors? straight swop no spacers or window fouling etc .thanks in advance
mark.........
Old 01 May 2004, 08:49 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by r5obbo
just fitted the above today, but had to leave off the silver surround facia part as the surround from the centre panel wouldn't let me leave it on. it's on a 03 wrx .also i have heard you can get a pocket from subaru to go underneath it to fill in the other din. slot, or are there other types of facia plates available. does anyone know for sure if you can definately fit 16" speakers in the front and rear doors? straight swop no spacers or window fouling etc .thanks in advance
mark.........
you can get the facia from halfords cheaper, and you mean 6" fronts cos 16" wound fit in a car doors lol and no they wont fit with out spacers tryied to put my componant 6" alpines in and no chance without a spacer, i couldnt be ****'d so i went out and got the right size speakers for all round, high power. but you also need to make sure the speakers arent to deep or you wont open the windows!!!
Old 01 May 2004, 09:44 PM
r5obbo
Scooby Regular

yeah sorry explore, i mean't to say 16cms,but you say these won't fit without spacers? and will catch the windows? what speakers did you put in then so you didn't have to **** around.i just want to upgrade mine without cutting,spacers,or the like. good job i asked on here, cause the shop i bought the headunit from today tried to sell me 2 pairs at £80 a pair and said they would fit straight in. i declined thank god as i heard on here that just the cd unit is a good upgrade on its own. chiark ! comon please where are you !