ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Finally sorted my install

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2004, 09:13 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Finally sorted my install

Had a huge headache for months with my Viper amp cutting out on me, even had one replaced thinking it was faulty-Sorry Viper.
Anyway was coming home from work the other evening when the left channel shut down on my Kenwood amp running the front comps, then the right followed shortly, i was left with just the sub running. So I had to investigate, even though it was pi55ing down, and to my horror i had sparks leaping from the +12v Batt connection on the kenwood amp, don't ask me how it came undone but it was about to fall off Tightened it up again making sure it was REALLY tight this time and since then the viper amp has not cut out at all, in fact it is running MUCH better than before ,can get some real power out of it now.

Any of you chaps got any ideas as to why this would effect the viper amp in this way, the Kenwood amp is running its +12v supply from a dist box on it own cable, and the viper is fed from the same box also on its own cable. I can only think that the sudden current rise or voltage drop made the Viper cut out.