ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Which

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2004, 08:39 PM
PROBLEMCHILD75
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Which

Sound deadening material should I use how much should I pay and where from anyone got any good/cheap contacts? dose the spray work?

I am going to do the inside of the outside of the door and was considering replacing the horrid plastic liner with sound deadening, should I or shouldnt I?
Im in your hands
TIA
Jamie
Old 24 February 2004, 09:36 PM
jason4656
Scooby Regular

a friend of mine told me about dynamat and basically its only flashing tape which is quite cheap and can be used for lining the inside of ur panels, i dont know how true that all is but he said hed done it and it worked well
Old 24 February 2004, 10:04 PM
ScoobyTal
Scooby Regular

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...60144&id=10730

Might be worth a go ??
Old 27 February 2004, 06:53 PM
The Romping Armadillo
Scooby Regular

My mates got BMW with a competition sound system in it, just under 2KW RMS and he uses flashing (the self adhesive bitumus roofing tape) for his motor, works an absolute dream at a fraction of the price compared to the audio type tape.
Old 28 February 2004, 05:12 PM
SimonD
Scooby Regular

Apologies if this is obvious but where do you put it?

I can only assume that it goes on the inside of the door skin. Anywhere else?
Old 29 February 2004, 12:18 AM
The Romping Armadillo
Scooby Regular

You apply it to the inside of as many panels as you like, so door panels, bulkheads, flooring, boot which will help cut down the road noise. Just remember not to hinder any mechanisms like electric windows and central locking etc. If you have subs in the back applying it around there will remove any panel vibration from the bass that you may have when you crank the stereo up, unless its something like your spoiler causing a rattle.
Old 29 February 2004, 09:58 AM
darms
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

What ever one you go for, take ya time and heat it up well.........its gonna make a massive difference to ya car mate.

My MY00 doors shut with such a thud its wicked, just like a BM.

Here's my efforts last summer

Good Luck!!
Old 29 February 2004, 12:38 PM
SimonD
Scooby Regular

How are your hinges holding up!
Old 29 February 2004, 01:29 PM
darms
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SimonD
How are your hinges holding up!
Not bad mate......ok the doors are a lot heavier but well worth the difference. And not to mention the sound difference wid my Boston Pro's 6.5.
Old 29 February 2004, 08:02 PM
jag_h
Scooby Regular

darms,

i got the same setup in prgression mate! jus fited the Pros, looking for an amp to run em now. what you got powering em?
Old 01 March 2004, 11:34 AM
darms
Scooby Regular

jag_h,

I'm using a Alpine F300s bridged to 2ch mode - only cos i had it ages and never bothered fitting it to my old motor. Still good though. would recommend you change the speaker cable - have fun feeding it into the doors, in the oem trunking....WAS MISSIONS!.

I'll take a pic of where I mounted the crossover for ya tomorrow if you want......only cos my MY00's going in to have the front windows changes (usual scratches) under warranty, and the door cards will be off.

later
Darms
Old 01 March 2004, 05:58 PM
jag_h
Scooby Regular

cool!

i took some QED Original thru the original gromits but out side of the trunking and just wrapped some new trunking around that! so my speaker cable is plentyfull. will upgrade to silver aniversary once i get the funds...

the only problem im having is finding where to mount the crossovers..... i have cable ties goin thru the screw holes, and an just thinkin of joining em up to all the other cabling that goes along the footwells....

email me pics mate, and ill get mine emailed to you.... my door cards are still on my backseat
Old 20 March 2004, 05:24 PM
darms
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jag_h
cool!

i took some QED Original thru the original gromits but out side of the trunking and just wrapped some new trunking around that! so my speaker cable is plentyfull. will upgrade to silver aniversary once i get the funds...

the only problem im having is finding where to mount the crossovers..... i have cable ties goin thru the screw holes, and an just thinkin of joining em up to all the other cabling that goes along the footwells....

email me pics mate, and ill get mine emailed to you.... my door cards are still on my backseat
Yeah its been ages (dont ask)

Ok here are the pics of my install for the Boston Pro's 6.5

speaker installed with rear wire connector above (reduces the risk of water damage to them)

Let me know if you want any more info
Old 20 March 2004, 05:48 PM
jag_h
Scooby Regular

looking good man! i used the original bracket for the tweeter too, otherwise, the setup is the same! (well only my xovers are in the car...)

what amp you got running em and how do they sound?
Old 20 March 2004, 10:54 PM
darms
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jag_h
looking good man! i used the original bracket for the tweeter too, otherwise, the setup is the same! (well only my xovers are in the car...)

what amp you got running em and how do they sound?
Cool mate (but I made some custom tweeter brackets - just wanted a slight angle to them )

They sound the nuts! got only 80watts RMS running them via an Alpine amp. Just in two minds if i dash in my Boston Pro 10 Sub ..mmmmmmm...would be nice as I've opted for NX67 in the rear (powering off the head unit)

Next on the list is to sound proof the rear doors.....too (roll on the summer!)

Last edited by darms; 20 March 2004 at 10:56 PM.
Old 20 March 2004, 11:25 PM
jag_h
Scooby Regular

lol, i dont have rear doors! im in two minds to so crazy and strip the interior to soundproof everything.... but then i think to myself, its a waste of time and money, cos i prefer the sound of the boxer engine still

i got a Perfect 12.1 to go in, its still in my old car. looking to push circa 200rms through speakers and 400 through the sub... (though sub is rated 350!)
Old 21 March 2004, 12:52 PM
darms
Scooby Regular

jag_h

Nice mate....Bostons Pro's are for life, they take soo much abuse - but they keep playing loud and strong

Enjoy! but since I've had my HKS SSQV fitted I aint even bothered turing on my system! Wooossssshhhhhh

Later