ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

KA stereo options.

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2004, 02:28 PM
Dremel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

I know this is a Subaru site, and I own a GTB, but my g/f is just about to buy a KA and would like to change the factory fitted stereo, is this possible and where is the best place to go?
She would like to have either a CD changer or single slot unit, but as the stereo's are built in, in the KA's it makes the job a little difficult/impossible.........any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jon.
Old 04 January 2004, 05:26 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Should be a doddle. Think they are the same as in the (old) Fiesta and Puma (which my missus has).

Just need to get a fascia adaptor from Autoleads (cheaper than Mr Fords) and that should be it. I think the Puma stereo already used ISO connectors so no need for loom (although could be wrong, it was a while ago).

Other than that, not a lot to it. You'll be able to connect a changer to your third party headunit, just a case of where you put it. My missus has hers in the glovebox.

Have a look at somewhere like MCS Direct for some reasonably priced headunits / changers. Never had a problem with them in tha past, but there are other distributors around that people recommend. Also have a look here Car Audio Direct as they may have the fascia adaptors in as well.

Just checked Car Audio Direct and they do indeed have fascia adaptors, and it will look like you will need a wiring loom as well to go from Ford to ISO.

They also have the loom adaptors and fascias on MCS's website (a little cheaper too )

[Edited by Hanslow - 1/4/2004 5:32:15 PM]
Old 04 January 2004, 08:21 PM
Scooby300
Scooby Regular

Just done the wifes KA

Take a trip to halfords they have everything you need.

you can then fit any head unit u want, btw KA only have front speakers so you may need to look at putting some in the back.

You can get a mdf rear shelf so you can get a set of 6x9's. or you can set them in the standard shelf.

Or you could get Ford 6000 unit which is single CD (lots on Ebay) but your better getting a new set up

Regards

Jon

[Edited by Scooby300 - 1/4/2004 8:22:41 PM]
Old 05 January 2004, 06:48 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

my brother has a "stelth shelf" if you want it, make him a offer , this is in good nick, he swapped his car for a mini so the shelf is sat in the bed room, cost him £100 new 1 year ago
Old 05 January 2004, 08:35 PM
Dremel
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys, everything I will need to keep her happy.

Jon.