ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Double Din Stereo on Legacy 02

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2003, 11:16 PM
Kiwi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Can anybody tell me how to remove the double din stereo on the legacy. I know chiark's site has instruction for removing it from an impreza but I am having trouble removing the surround and don't whant to pull to hard in case I break it ?
Old 11 November 2003, 02:05 PM
obi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kiwi,

Here's how I got mine off. Remove the plastic trim surrounding the gear stick. Start with the rear edge and lift gently as there's two plastic inset pins in the dash end which can snap off. This revealed two screws which held the lower 'bits tray. Remove this. Take out the ashtray 'tray'. The remaining frame is held in with two vertical screws in the roof of this gap. I used a magnetic screwdiver bit holder to undo these or you might have a right angle screwdriver.The trim can now be pulled gently out. As you do so, the lighter will need to be disconnected, pull off for the wiring and 90 degree turn for the light bulb. If yours is an import with climate control then there's a cabin sensor. Gently pull off the corrugated tube and the sensor is held in position with an obvious screw. The switch wiring connectors can be pulled straight off. Fairly obvious when putting it back together. When putting the ashtray frame in there's a small V notch in the frame that lines up with a mark in the trim. Get this right and putting the two screws back in is easy.

Enjoy Obi