Nokia car kit to Pioneer stereo

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2003, 10:55 AM
Blues
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!

*** From Pioneers website ***

For effortless hands-free phoning,all you have to do is plug a standard mini-jack cable connection from your hands-free car kit “speaker out ”socket into the system. Calls will come directly through the main speakers and the sound source will mute to TEL. When you are finished with your call, the system automatically switches back to the source playing before.

Ok. Done this and it works fine for sound with the engine OFF. Start to drive and I get loads of whining, and before you ask I checked that the missus wasn't in the car !!!

I've tried 2 leads now with no difference in the quality. Has anyone used this method before and got it working?

Cheers for any advice.

Blues.
Old 26 September 2003, 12:26 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Cool

i've connected mine to the original spker, tis a lot easier and u don't get the interferance either.

ok, so it don't solve ur problem, and it didn't solve mine either thats why i reverted back to the spker that came with it.
Old 26 September 2003, 12:44 PM
Blues
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the info.

The standard speaker is *crap* tho and can't be heard above 30mph! I've also got it positioned in the passenger footwell out of sight so that makes the sound even worse. Bloody Scoobys are too noisy! May need a nice quiet BM ...

Seriously though, does anyone know why the interference? Pioneer have developed and marketed these stereos and I'd assume tested them aswell!

Is it just in a Scooby that there is interference (I doubt it) so is there anything I can do/buy to fix it? Better quality lead maybe?

Blues.
Old 26 September 2003, 12:50 PM
Si.t
Scooby Regular

i would suggest putting a direct feed to the battery for the head unit, and a direct earth from the head unit, then improve the earth connection from the battery to the car - this is typically poor in scoobys. This should help, but can't guarantee for definate - alternator whine is caused by poor + & - connections.
Old 26 September 2003, 01:02 PM
Blues
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the reply Si.t.

The interference is ONLY when using the phone through the headunit as the stereo is fine when used 'normally'? Should I still look at the headunit's live and earth connections? I'm wondering whether the mini jack lead is shielded sufficiently?

Blues.