ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

rear speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2003, 08:00 PM
Kendo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I know how to get the grill off the speakers in the rear shelf, but how do you get the speakers without damaging the hardboard ??

I can see the screws to take out but can't reach them so do you have to cut the covering to get to them ??
Old 11 September 2003, 10:13 PM
Coulster
Scooby Regular

Have to dislodge the rear seat surround. takes a bit of force but it comes, just did it today. you will see there are two bars holding the surround to the car, just where the seats are held in. just use brute force and push each bar out. once this is done, if u look at either side of the shelf underneath, there are 2 small plastic clips holding the hardboard shelf onto the metal, dislodge these with a pair of pliers underneath and it pops up. Next prise the shelf out of the grooves on each side where it meets the plastic trim, maybe an idea getting somone to help you, be carefull not to dmage the shelf. once this is out then you will have full access to the screws that hold the speaker and metal mounting plate on. I'm going to be fitting Vibe 6*9s tomorrow, but I am going to manufacture some mdf spacers as the 6*9s dont fit in directly. Hope this helps a bit.
Old 13 September 2003, 02:23 PM
Kendo
Scooby Regular

Thank you