ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

sti7 decent speakers ?

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2003, 10:26 PM
MARK MORRIS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

i had some kenwood components in front and pioneer coaxials in the rear fitted by sextons, they have sounded ****e since day one, winged at the time and they knocked a fair bit off the price, been back again asking about a sub , winged again to be told components are meant to be part of a set and wont sound too hot on their own, i used to have sony components in two mantas, then in the previous two scoobs, they were always quite good, finally moved to a house with a large garage, took the door panels off tonite to dynamat the doors, rears are fine, doors seem very solid, didnt bother with the dynamat, fronts, one bass unit wasnt working, cables pulled off, put them back on, put the window up and down, pulled them off again, had to reroute the cabel, theres a screw on the bottom of the door glass, thats pushing the speaker out slightly when it goes down, the other one has had one of the screws pushed out of the spacer, thats how tight the door glass is onto the speaker back, going back in the morning to winge again, can anyone recomend some decent speakers that will go in, i think i will fit them myself, depends on what sextons say, they dont sell infinty, thats why i didnt get them in the first place
thanks
mark
Old 01 August 2003, 04:02 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Mark try Media World in Cardiff, they just fitted all my stuff including front mids and tweets which are infinity give them a go.

It sounds like sextons have not fitted a spacer which is needed on most Subaru speaker upgrades

Speak to Mike or John and tell them you know Sam with the Subaru
Old 02 August 2003, 12:52 PM
MARK MORRIS
Scooby Regular

Smile

thanks sammy
there is a spacer there but perhaps its not big enough, i went to sextons yesterday, the cars going back in wednesday for them to sort it out
thanks
mark
Old 05 August 2003, 08:46 PM
jmk
Scooby Regular

Just bought some infinity 6000cs - fitting them next Tue. Shop didn't have Subaru spacers but said that Corsa ones work fine - I'll let you know. (Christ a Scoob with Corsa parts!)
Old 06 August 2003, 06:35 PM
MARK MORRIS
Scooby Regular

Smile

my car went in today to be sorted, new spacers, better sealing and an alpine sub/amp, brilliant now
mark