Autochanger Positioning

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2000, 12:14 AM
Les
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

David

The plan is to fit it inside the rim of the spare, not to remove the spare!

Reason I don't want to put it in the boot, is I carry bikes in the boot and don't want to keep whacking the changer.
Old 31 May 2000, 11:40 AM
Les
Scooby Regular

Question

Question for you all.

I have a Kenwood 10 disc changer that I want to fit in my MY99. Does anyone know, (or has anyone done it) if it can go in the spare wheel well, under the boot floor. I've measured it up and seems fine???????
Old 31 May 2000, 11:46 AM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Question

Where would you put your spare ?

You'd be foolish not to keep it IMO.

My 10-disc changer is bolted to the back of the rear seats (in the boot)
Old 31 May 2000, 01:56 PM
andyp
Scooby Regular

Question

Les,

the only disadvantage I can see is if you've loaded the car up for the weekend away and have forgoten to change the CD's that you've been listening to for the last month-or-so.

Like you, I wanted the boot area free to chuck mountain bikes in, so I chucked the CD player under the passenger seat, simply velcroed to the floor. I know there's a vent there but I've not had any problems so far.

Cheers,

Andy
Old 31 May 2000, 04:02 PM
Nick Lines
Scooby Regular

Talking

Another vote for under the seat. It will fit in the wheel well, but as Andyp points out it may be better under the passenger seat for convenience. Also for skip resistance. In my experience, the firmer the mounting, the less likely the thing is to skip - put it on a flimsy piece of wood over the rear wheels and it may skip. Put it on the floor under the passenger seat in the middle of the car and you may have more luck (nb - experience of skipping was in a festa, so Scoobs may be better)

Nick.
Old 31 May 2000, 08:16 PM
Carl Harvey
Scooby Regular

Anither vote for under the seat.

Mine is uner the drivers seat though as there was slightly more room.

Also there is very little air flow under the drivers seat, and I have blanked it off.

Old 31 May 2000, 09:08 PM
NICK OAKLAND
Scooby Newbie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Les:
<B>Question for you all.

I have a Kenwood 10 disc changer that I want to fit in my MY99. Does anyone know, (or has anyone done it) if it can go in the spare wheel well, under the boot floor. I've measured it up and seems fine???????[/quote]

LES,
YOU'VE GOT THE RIGHT IDEA ! I INSTALL CAR AUDIO & ALARMS FOR A LIVING AND ALWAYS INSTALL THEM IN THE WHEEL WELL. YOU SAVE SPACE, IT'S A CLEANER (DUST FREE) ENVIROMENT, MORE SECURE (THEFT) AND "BEEFS UP" YOUR BOOT FLOOR. GET YOURSELF DOWN TO YOUR LOCAL DIY STORE, BUY SOME 12Mmm MDF AND CUT A 16.5" INCH (CHECK) DISC OUT AND MOUNT CD CENTRALLY ON THE UNDERSIDE.REPLACE THE WHEEL RETAINING "WING NUT" WITH A STANDARD BOLT AND YOU'LL HAVE THE DEPTH ! SORTED !
MOUNTING IT UNDER THE SEAT OR ON THE BACK BULKHEAD YOU'LL LOSE ROOM AND THE UNIT WILL BE PRONE TO DAMAGE. ANY PROBLEMS (IF YOUR NOT VERY GOOD WITH A JIGSAW !) CALL ME ON 01793 772299/ 0403 128998. WOULDN'T IT BE A GOOD IDEA FOR ME TO GET A LOAD OF DISCS MADE UP & PAINTED & FLOG THEM TO YOU LOT FOR £15 INCLUDING CARRIAGE. (I COULD BE THE NEXT RICHARD BRANSON !)

Trending Topics

Old 18 June 2000, 04:50 AM
aziz
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Les

The question IMHO is that , will a 10 CD
changer fit under the front seat?

Also you did not mention whether your MY99 is 4 dr model or a 5 dr ...

Any way I used parts from a meccano model kit to install my 10 CD changer in the bootof my 99 4 dr to make a bracket for the changer which was then bolted to a couple of
existing threads right at the edge of the rear shelf (I think that this is where the Japanese spec rear wiper motor is fitted).

So,no drilling or cutting of any sort,
however it will only work with a 4dr model.

Good Luck