Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

BUILDING OWN ICE INSTALL...

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2003, 08:56 PM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any advice? or is it just measuring all the sound volumes, cutting wood and planting together with carpet etc. surely it's harder than that? Need to get the right angles etc? or should i pay for the professionals?
Old 17 April 2003, 10:17 PM
-=uk99=-
Scooby Regular

i have had 2 set ups now from turners alarms and they have both stunk
the second they done for free and it shows i hade made my own box for the second coverd with red lether fit perfect under the surport beem in the boot have 2 12" iverted mac audio looks good and i made it my self i am runing thes from a tripl dule mono genesis amp .
they were to fit the box i made and put a fals floor over the amp and coil wire it up for free as they screwd up the first speaker set up and they poped and i was getting a 500 head unit and a 500 snooper 600 focal poly cevlar comp 5 inthe front 6 in the back
the setup was ok for 25 mins till i got home and the wires came out of the amp so i ended up doing the amp again my self didnt like the way they had it ,you now you like to do things your own way and move the snooper to a visable place for the driver not the pasanger!
to round it of they scratched my quaters and i think they dinted the wing but cant be shure!
so my advice is save the money and go for better quakity gear for your job in hand !!
i will send ya pic when i take one ok m8
Trev
Old 18 April 2003, 03:01 AM
rockinRu
Scooby Regular

"Love many,trust few...always row your own canoe..."

No reason you can't do the install yourself.It's your car and your tastes at hand...experiment a little before you have it "generalized" by a "pro".Every speaker set performs a little different on and off axis...unless the "pro's" REALLY know EVERY speakers spec's,it's a roll of the dice on their part.And it will cost...
Old 18 April 2003, 03:20 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

Well i own a E46 BMW now

and well never had much experience with much of high quality ICE install, but think i can do it, since it's nice and sunny and i have a lot of free time now, What would you recommend me getting and how shall i structure the install? Thanks in advance and for those who have replied.