Front speakers...

Search this Thread

Old 15 April 2000, 03:01 PM
SecretAgentMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi!

2 weeks to go before my GT arrives...already beginning to plan for the audio system...

:-)

I'm leaning towards Boston pro 6.5's...but they're about 1 cm to deep according to my research...is there room to build outwards with an MDF adapter ring...?

...and for the amp...any suggestions for a good 4-channel? I need control...but like to go nuts sometimes.

;-)
Old 17 April 2000, 01:39 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can build out a ring to accomodate a deeper speaker but be warned, fitting the trim panel may be difficult if you overdo it.

Boston accoustics have always been great speakers. If you are looking at that price range I would suggest some diamond audios. They area little known make but amazingly engineered and look great. Haven't found a better sounding car audio speaker for the money (yet).

Four channel amps: spend as much as you can afford. I selling one if you are interested, phoenix gold zx 450. Loads of power, even more quality massive adjustability, potential for adding on fun gizmos such as digital displays etc. Retails for £850. looking for £400. No pressure. If this is more than you were thinking, try to find a denon DCA 800. The the pinnavle of quality, but has drive adjustabilty and six channels. If you want more power later you can buy an active crossover and bridge 4 into two. and make use of all the channels.

To be completely honest and nothing to do with the sales, I cannot think of a better amp for the money than the one I am selling. I am actually willing to hold on to it, but already run 1 in mycar and dont need 8 channels of amplification!

If you have any queries, mail me off line.