ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Kenwood KDC C719MP Changer Info

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2003, 07:13 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Just fitted a kenwood KDC C719MP changer, burnt my cd's at 40x write speed and the unit would not play them, also the unit does NOT support CD Text functions , but car audio direct said on there web site that it did. I sent car audio direct an e-mail explaining the problems and this is what they sent back.

The unit DOES NOT support CD Text and they are now going to correct there web site.

They also said that MP3 cd's should not be burnt at any more than 4x speed this apparently applies to ALL current MP3 CD players on the market, they have offered a full refund, but to have 100 tracks + on one cd outweighs the previous problems, just have to try and remember the tracks myself, trouble is i have a memory like a collander.

Hope this info provides some use to those considering buying an in-car MP3 CD player.

BigRed
Old 17 January 2003, 11:51 AM
dnb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for that. I got a CD text CD and tried it and found out the same as you. Was about to complain!!

Interesting about the 4x write thing, but as that's all my CD writer does, it's not a problem to me...

I'm not keen on how to change directories on a CD either.

BTW there is a dos command that (dir with a few flags added) that can produce a list of directories on a drive. I've used this to make a paper catalogue of my car's tracklist.