Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Advice on fitting 6-Disc Autochanger

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2002, 05:27 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 96 STi 4-door with a Pioneer cassette head unit. I've just bought a 6-disc CD Autochanger with a view to installing it in the boot. I'm going to tackle this tomorrow but thought I'd ask if any of you guys have done your own install?

1. If I put it in the boot where would I feed the cable through as the rear seats are fixed?

2. Where in the boot would be best? I'm thinking I'd like to suspend it from the upper part of the boot. Or shall I mount it sidewards to one side?

3. Is the boot the ideal spot for install or can you suggest anywhere else more suitable?

Soz for all the sh1te but i'm hoping for an easy ride with the install tomorrow!

Photos of you're installs would be good.

Regards

Nick
Old 22 December 2002, 01:14 AM
Attu
Scooby Regular

Quick reply

1/Remove the back seat....3 13mm nuts at the bottom of seat i think and 2 or 3 for the back of the seat...easy job

2/ive put mine in the middle of the boot under the speeker shelf..easy to get to but i was replacing my speekers as well so this made bolting it in easier as you may need to get at it from the top.

3/Some people put them under the front seat or in the glove box if the changer is small.

Andy
Old 22 December 2002, 11:41 AM
Trumble
Scooby Regular

I put mine (alpine 6 disc) under the passenger seat, velcro on the bottom of the unit and it will stick (really well) to the carpet.

took 30 seconds !

I had this on my MY99 for 3 years with no problems and have just employed the same on my MY02 and has been fine for the last 3 weeks.

The only problem is what to do with all the cable ..... ... .. .

T.
Old 22 December 2002, 12:06 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Cheers lads

Going to tackle it now. Trumble, I had a 10-disc under the passenger seat of a previous car of mine. But, like you say, "all that cable".

Thanks again

Nick
Old 22 December 2002, 07:16 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Blimey, what a palava. Went to Halfords to buy bullet connectors, came back then went again as I forgot to buy a Crimping Tool. Doh!!
I didn't realise that to get the head unit out I had to take half the trim off. And wow, I've had the car a year and just discovered it has cup-holders! They're well hidden. I'll get mi coat!
By the time I'd sorted it it was beginning to get dark so I've temporarily put it under the passenger seat.
Sounds good!

Thanks again.