ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Front Doors

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2002, 01:31 AM
Dr Turbo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Does anybody knows how to dissasemble the front Doors properly. Is it really hard to remove them from the car for a proper sound system instalation? Or do any of you guys have a proper schematic?
Because a few days ago I was like 3 hours trying to pass a speaker cable from the inside of the car to the door, and I just couldn't do it, there isn't enought room to work with the door atached to the car.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Please feel free to email me at ivo@vision.cl
Old 29 September 2002, 09:46 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Hi there!

What model year do you have? If it's MY98-MY00 there's full instructions on http://www.chiark.com/scooby/icetoc.asp

Scoobynet reaches Chile! I'm amazed

Nick.
Old 29 September 2002, 08:59 PM
Dr Turbo
Scooby Newbie

Yes it is a GC8 MY99-00 Impreza,

We're planning of transforming it into a serius streetracer, alrready have an IHI VF22 turbocharger for street and going to get a larger one for drags, Programable ECU with antilag and Launch Control, 2.2 litre Cossworth Stroker Kit, STi high lift camshafts, STi cerámic clutch, Vrotech Uprated fuel inyection system, etc...
But first I want to prepare the chassis, I alrready done some MIG/TIG seamwelding, strut bars, Koni Sport Suspension System.
And ICE of course !!!

I have had a lot of problems with the front doors because of the reduced working space. So that's why I preffered to ask to someone with more experience.
Thanks for your help!
Old 30 September 2002, 08:35 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Should be good

Just re-read your question - you want to actually remove the doors, rather than the door trim! Sorry, I don't know that one.

One thing that may help you to know is that it is nearly impossible to get any more wires into the factory wiring harness / rubber gromit.

I ended up coming out of the gromit, running cable outside then running into the gromit just before it enters the door. I wrapped the cable in black electrical tape and sealed the slits with silicone sealant.

Hope this helps

Nick.
Old 03 October 2002, 04:38 AM
Dr Turbo
Scooby Newbie

I tried it, but with 3M selfsealing rubber tape...It worked well ! Thanks for the Idea !!!
Cheers !
Old 05 October 2002, 08:51 PM
scoobybuzz
Scooby Regular

its dead easy, ive just run some heavy oxygen free cable through my front door existing wiring harness, if you still need to know how e-mail me,