Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

help - headunit crashes

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2002, 11:59 AM
DrivingMachine
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi all, hopin u guys can help me with this one. Ive got an Addzest double DIN headunit which constantly seems to crash. The display messes up and the only way to sort it out is to turn the car off and then back on again. anyone know what is wrong?
Old 17 June 2002, 12:13 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think a lot of people dump the addzest units to replace 'em with something that works better in the UK, so not sure if you're going to be lucky but you never know.

I'd look at the obvious first: check the supply wiring into the unit, and look to check that there's no shorts on the speakers where a speaker cable could be touching the chassis.

After you've confirmed everything external, I'd start looking internally. It sounds like it could be a loose connector, or components overheating. The first one is probably easy to fix - have a quick probe around and see if you can find any plugs internally that are loose. The second one may require expert fixing.

To be honest, if you can't fix it simply yourself it may be best to see if you can use this as an excuse to replace it? Or you might be able to pick up a cheap straight replacement on this BBS.

Good luck!