ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Android head units

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2017, 09:04 PM
viio
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Android head units

Hey has anyone tried one of the double din android head units? I've had my eye on this one on Amazon. I'm not so keen on throbbing base nowadays, but I like the idea of a full multimedia head unit with wifi and navigation.

http://amzn.to/2yggMjL
Old 12 December 2017, 09:50 AM
iMook
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seriously considered one with a full touch screen and no ***** (snigger), because the stock stereo is just crud, but the main concern I have is warranty. Most of them are made in and sold out of China. Finding a UK supplier who will fully warrant and support them after 12 months is nigh on impossible.

Problem I have is, though stuff like Alpine produces brilliant sound quality, I just don't like the look of them - too many buttons, flashing lights and everything else.

The one Android product I've looked at is the Xtrons, mainly because it comes with a 2 year warranty and in all fairness, a £200 stereo after 2 years going t*ts up - well I'd just replace it with another £200 stereo with a faster processor and more up-to-date version of Android.

They've got loads of models, but I prefer this one, because it's got a fairly simple interface - each to their own though!

http://xtrons.co.uk/tl702p-7-android...tion-obd2.html
Old 18 December 2017, 10:37 PM
sedge69
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iMook
I've seriously considered one with a full touch screen and no ***** (snigger), because the stock stereo is just crud, but the main concern I have is warranty. Most of them are made in and sold out of China. Finding a UK supplier who will fully warrant and support them after 12 months is nigh on impossible.

Problem I have is, though stuff like Alpine produces brilliant sound quality, I just don't like the look of them - too many buttons, flashing lights and everything else.

The one Android product I've looked at is the Xtrons, mainly because it comes with a 2 year warranty and in all fairness, a £200 stereo after 2 years going t*ts up - well I'd just replace it with another £200 stereo with a faster processor and more up-to-date version of Android.

They've got loads of models, but I prefer this one, because it's got a fairly simple interface - each to their own though!

http://xtrons.co.uk/tl702p-7-android...tion-obd2.html

Ive had an xtrons double din in my previous bugeye and the only problem is that you usually have to trim the centre console hole for the stereo to fit so i would check dimensions first