ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Lost radio signal

Search this Thread

Old 01 July 2014, 07:25 AM
Ben Stearn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost radio signal

Hi, when I pulled up to my house yesterday, my radio was working fine. This morning, I get in the car, turn the ignition on expecting the radio to come on but all I get is static. There is no signal going to any station at all. FM or MW. I haven't kicked any cables at all and there don't seem to be any loose from what I can see I'm the floor well. The funny thing is, If I put my head near the aerial cable in the floor well, I start to get a slight signal which says to me that the aerial is still plugged in behind the head unit. So I think the problem goes towards the rear of the car, heading to the back window. Does anyone have any ideas? Also, where does the aerial cable run through the car and where is the aerial plug at the rear window? Hope someone can help.
Old 01 July 2014, 09:01 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Don't know if it's the case for Scoobies but my Passat had an amplifier in the aerial feed (beesting type antenna on the roof). When that died I had no signal. Sold the car not long after so never got fixed.
Old 01 July 2014, 09:39 AM
scoobyskool
Scooby Regular

there is definitely an amplifier and it needs 12v or you wont get a signal - check all your fuses first is where I would start
Old 01 July 2014, 12:23 PM
Ben Stearn
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyskool
there is definitely an amplifier and it needs 12v or you wont get a signal - check all your fuses first is where I would start
Thanks I'll have a look for the first then. Hopefully it is that. I presume it's in with the rest of the fuse's? That would save a lot of hassle.