Notices
Group Buys Post your Group Buy and subscribe to existing group buys here!

Please delete

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2013, 08:52 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please delete

Was looking at getting a silicone inlet hose for my blob, and not being able to afford Samco prices, ended up speaking with Autobahn about the potential of the a group buy to get some discount.

I have used Autobahn silicone hoses before on my Mk2 GTI 20v, and they never let me down in the five years of owning and racing it, never had any problems holding boost on the dyno, and I ran it for around 4 years with 300bhp, so good quality all in all, just without the premium price tag.

Would there be any interest in a group buy? We would need 10 units minimum.

Induction Intake Hose
Colour Option: Blue / Red / Black
4 ply Polyester
5mm Wall Thickness
Working Temperature:-60 degree to 180 degree
Hose Burst Pressure Limit Equal to 5 Bar

STI - Model Numbers

1 - ASHK41 - 96-98
2 - ASHK03 - 98-00
3 - ASHK04 - 00-07
4 - ASHK131 - 07+

They have them for all variants of Impreza's. They can do special orders for those of you with individual set ups, however for the first group buy I want to keep it to standard and we can open the floor in future if it goes well.

Autobahn supply all silicone hose sets for Subarus (and most other marquees) along with carbon parts, bonnet dampers etc. So if this goes well, I will look to doing different group buys in future. I have yet to fit an Autobahn induction hose, so there may be some trimming required (even my Samco ones needed some trimming) but ive seen the facility they are produced in and its second to none.

The retail on them with shipping is around £85 (give or take from different suppliers), I have agreed a price with them shipped to me for £55 a unit (at the moment, this may go slightly up or down due to exchange rate, order quantity or if we get 100units the price will come down quite considerably ). The 07+ unit is more expensive at £60 (who knows why, new car tax probably). I think I've covered most stuff, but if you have any questions please PM me and i'll add the answers to the thread. Scoobyworx Hoses are around £125+post, and Samco a whopping £215, making these pretty damn good value!

Then, your welcome to collect the hose from me, send a courier to collect or I can post out for £5, Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded. Payment would be through PayPal direct to me (as a gift unless you cover fees). The only niggle is they may take up to 21 days for manufacturing and delivery, but I will keep you updated along the way.

So, any interest?

If so, please write your name below, with model number of the hose you want , and your car, and i'll go from there..

1. Trinity - ASHK04 - BLACK- JDM Blob 2003

Last edited by Trinity; 24 November 2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 20 November 2013, 11:45 AM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

1. Trinity - ASHK04 - BLACK- JDM Blob 2003
2. M2RTXbugeye - ASHK04 - BLUE - WRX BUG 2002
Old 21 November 2013, 04:24 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Looks like we might be on our own
Old 21 November 2013, 07:42 PM
StealthScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4ply on an inlet hose isn't great unless metal ring reinforced. SWRD are 5 play as are Samco i believe. Collapsing under Vacuum is a issue with the cheaper hoses on the market. This is for various reasons such as the silicone been made to go further by adding fillers etc. This lowers the quality of the hose including burst pressure and heat resistance etc. The only way to make these inlet hoses and supply at the prices quoted here is to generally sacrifice build quality or cheap foreign labour from such as china or both.

Last edited by StealthScoob; 21 November 2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 21 November 2013, 09:19 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Do you work for a silicone hose seller by any chance?

As I said, I've used them before and never had a problem, be good to see some data to back up your statement though, always open to see some information and facts.

ALOT of products are made in China, despite what people might have you think with their boxes and claims, it is because labour is cheaper, and not necessarily because the build quality is slack at all.

As I used to live in Hong Kong, worked in the engineering field and having visited many manufacturing facilities (some are absolutely excellent) I have a fair good understanding of build quality and the claims made by many 'brands' of where and how their products are produced, it could even be deemed as criminal some of the claims made.

Im not saying there isn't junk from China, of course there is, but Ive used these before, so i'd be happy putting one on my car, otherwise I wouldn't of done the leg work, and prepared for a load of hours sorting it out to the benefit Scoobynet members by suggesting a group buy.

So ill put you down for one then newbie? unless your going to start another one for everyone?

Last edited by Trinity; 21 November 2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 21 November 2013, 09:40 PM
StealthScoob
Scooby Regular

Il take 10 :-)

I stand by what I said in the previous post. Everybody is entitled to fit what brand they choose but I've seen the issues caused on subaru's with cheap hoses. Ask the mappers how any times they have sucked in under boost. I agree some good products are made in China but majority is poor.

I think you'll be ok without my order of 10 pieces as intrest is through the roof :-)
Old 21 November 2013, 09:45 PM
StealthScoob
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...please-ta.html

Interesting comments in this thread on A88 inlets.

I'm not trying to destroy your group but but people have a right to be advised on more that your opinion of the hose quality.
Old 21 November 2013, 09:53 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Thank you for the link, supported my original thoughts. Some of those brands 'mentioned' are from the identical manufacturer as these ones, but with different 'names' stamped on them, and the only real negative comment, was again from a newbie.

Oh and my mapper was perfectly happy with the A88 hose on my 20v, which had been mapped over five times in four years, but damn did I have to trim the Samco turbo to boost pipe connecting hose down to fit

If theres no interest, theres no interest, isnt the end of the world.

Last edited by Trinity; 23 November 2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 21 November 2013, 10:10 PM
StealthScoob
Scooby Regular

Were both entitled to say our piece and I'm no keyboard warrior.
Old 21 November 2013, 10:12 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Looking at your previous posts, and your location, I think it would be a fair guestimate to say you are affiliated with ScoobyWorx? (Barnsley - Scoobyworx location, lots of links to scoobyworx products and classes as 'we use' when reffering sending hundreds of parcels out with couriers) which explains yourcriticisms of a cheaper product than what Scoobyworx supply.

Anyhow, gotta love public forums.

Last edited by Trinity; 21 November 2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 22 November 2013, 12:47 PM
StealthScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trinity
Looking at your previous posts, and your location, I think it would be a fair guestimate to say you are affiliated with ScoobyWorx? (Barnsley - Scoobyworx location, lots of links to scoobyworx products and classes as 'we use' when reffering sending hundreds of parcels out with couriers) which explains yourcriticisms of a cheaper product than what Scoobyworx supply.

Anyhow, gotta love public forums.
Well done Sherlock

So been an ex trader and member im not exactly a newbie. And i didn't realize if you were a newbie it meant that you know nothing and your opinions don't count, maybe that should be made clear in the rules of the forum.

We can also buy in the cheap crap hose kits and get them offered on a regular basis. But its not what the customer wants or more importantly what we want to be associated with. I think from memory i have posted 1 link to one of our products and that's was all.

Posting information about a couriers service is irrelevant really don't you
think.

I may be wrong but are you associated with Autobahn 88 as you seem to have taken my op a little personal. It was by no means personal and was just pointing out some well known facts. I could bore people with more details on the process of using fillers in silicone but there is no need really. People are aware that cheap eBay hoses are generally poor quality (not always we might add) but generally.

these dont fit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPI-racing...item43b478dd15

neither do these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/01-07-AIR-...item3a7bf828a9

There is also some Samco copies on eBay floating around at the minute and i know these dont fit either as they have copied a old viper design which i was supplied by them before i rejected them and had a new design made (no links as they may have been removed for been fakes). So hoses can be good or bad wherever they are from and im not saying Autobahn are all crap either. What i did say was 4ply on an Impreza inlet hose has previously been flagged by numerous people as been too thin and on various suppliers.

Now there are many higher quality makes which i have seen and can say are excellent quality and not just ours or Samco's. Im also not here to advertise hence why im careful what i post on SN. Im not troll either but knowing some background on hoses and knowing the issues caused with 4ply inlets i added what some may think valuable feedback.
Old 22 November 2013, 03:33 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

You obviously didn't feel it would be relevent mentioning that you are ScoobyWorx, seems a little troll like in my opinion, and I'm quite dissappointed as I have bought many a part off you in the past.

The post was a group buy not a discussion about different hoses , if you didn't intend to join it, then there wasn't much need to invade the thread. Members on here are clued up enough to do their own research on a product. As I said, the A88 are good quality, and as an previous engineer, I'd say I have good knowledge when it comes to these things. However its all a matter of opinion.

Obviously you have tried those that you linked to to found the fit wasnt great, but I do remember having to trim my Samco hoses on my 20v. Would you step in and moan at the bonnet lifters group buy if you sold them? because they come from China as well.

The plain and simple idea was that they are a good idea for those without a huge financial backing for the top priced gear to get a new part for their car, yet I am sure many ask the ponder the idea that it might potentially of invaded your sales 'if' there had been more interest?

Your courier link was merely a statement supporting your identidy, which you where not exactly honest about from the start.

And no, I have no affiliation with Autobahn, I contacted them about doing a group buy to save people money, christmas treat But you could maybe offer a group buy on your hoses with over £30 off as a bonus for members?

Last edited by Trinity; 22 November 2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 22 November 2013, 03:53 PM
StealthScoob
Scooby Regular

I cant do any trade on here which is why i don't mention my company. I found the money spent on been an official trader im was better spent over other avenues of advertising for the returns. I may be a trader on here again at some point but until i do i have to keep quiet.

All i said initially was unless they are steel rienforced its likely they will collapse been 4 ply.
Old 23 November 2013, 09:06 PM
speedflash
Scooby Regular

If I order 2 how quick can these arrive
Old 23 November 2013, 09:13 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

We would need ten on the list before the order can go in, once in they will be ready in five days, then it's just waiting for the post and customs