Notices
Group Buys Post your Group Buy and subscribe to existing group buys here!

***Sparco Harness Bars***

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2009, 04:28 PM
scoobeenut
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Sparco Harness Bars***

Just gauging interest, been talking to Vivid Racing UK and they can supply the genuine Sparco Harness Bars. As far as I'm aware these are not currently available within the UK. Price is likely to be £300 delivered based on 5 to 10 units.

If anyone is interested just add your name to the list.

1. Scoobeenut
Old 07 October 2009, 05:12 PM
dilbob
Scooby Regular

whats wrong with these? sure he's got a couple spare and no waiting to come from the US

https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...ness-bars.html
Old 07 October 2009, 10:18 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

half the price, no waiting, few spare in silver and willing to do some more if theres enough interest.
Old 07 October 2009, 11:46 PM
apac
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dilbob
whats wrong with these? sure he's got a couple spare and no waiting to come from the US

https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...ness-bars.html
Well... For starters, what's the quality of the steel... is it mild steel or stainless steel?
Old 08 October 2009, 07:56 AM
Andy-H
Scooby Regular

the steel's mild but with hi tensile strength same material used for consructing roll cages, sparco's been stainless makes no differance
Old 08 October 2009, 03:03 PM
scoobeenut
Scooby Regular

Sorry guys, this wasn't really intended to become a comparison between the Sparco bars and the custom build ones. I beleive that the reason the guys started custom building the bars was because it was not possible to easily obtain the genuine items in the UK.

I have been trying to get one of the genuine items for a while and it now seems possible to do so. Some people buy genuine wheels others buy replicas, just personal choice really.
Old 08 October 2009, 03:36 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

Ours are not replica of any. I have one from america ours are based on which is exactly the same as a sparco one. Our design was revised to something superior that youd not get one on imported from USA. The ones from usa use a 'fish plate' style bracket, ours is not the same as you will see from the pictures in our thread. Our brackets are much thicker and stronger

As for the material - they can be made from either stainless or mild. We went for mild as said above to be powdercoated - we didnt think our buyers would want to check their complextion in a highly polished stainless harness bar

You would be silly to buy something with a label on for double the price + then your import tax etc on top when we could make you one up for half that in any colour coating or paint you like - thats the idea behind our GB however items are not limit to the GB we can make them up in batches whenever.

Trending Topics

Old 08 October 2009, 04:21 PM
scoobeenut
Scooby Regular

I can see that your bars are well engineered and finished, but I did note that there are no hoops on them to stop any lateral movement of the harnesses along the bar in the event of an impact.
Old 08 October 2009, 09:21 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

once the harness's are tight they wont move anyway? thats like wearing a seatbelt loose...
Old 09 October 2009, 11:14 AM
Vivid Racing
Former Sponsor

OK, just picked up on this thread, can I just make it completely clear, we have been contacted by Scoobeenut (who is already a customer of ours) as he was interested in the "genuine" Sparco harness bar of which we can supply. It was mentioned that there may be a possible interest in a group buy and if there was, what sort of £££'s were we talking.

I was unaware there was currently another group buy with a similar product and Im sure this was not intended to tread on anyone else's toes. We would not make a vast profit on the units anyway and the price quoted was more to help you guys out cost wise.

Originally Posted by wrighty338
You would be silly to buy something with a label on for double the price + then your import tax etc on top when we could make you one up for half that in any colour coating or paint you like - thats the idea behind our GB however items are not limit to the GB we can make them up in batches whenever.
To say you would be silly to spend more and buy a genuine unit I dont agree with though, yes, it costs more but most branded things in life do and the quality and R&D usually backs that up. The price quoted was the price you pay as well, units would be sent from our UK HQ so NO imports tax etc as mentioned above.

Like I said, we're hardly making any mark-up on these at all, if you want one then we can supply, if you don't, not a problem either way..
Old 09 October 2009, 01:23 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

Not a problem your not treading on toes your selling a product differnt to ours, just stating there is logic into why we did our own and re-designed the the brackets to be better. heck im a bit of a brand tary myself and if youd have asked me 3 months ago id have been in on this GB but now we have our own which il be using myself. and yes your very correct mark up on these is marginal

best of luck with the GB, i believe revolution24/7 also have these in the pipeline...

Jon