Notices
Group Buys Post your Group Buy and subscribe to existing group buys here!

KYB AGX Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2006, 08:19 PM
Paul666
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KYB AGX Shocks

I am in need of some new shocks so I have contacted Nathan at Buypartsby and he is willing to support another Group Buy on the KYB AGX shocks.
It's the same as the previous GB and a minimum of 5 sets are needed to qualify. I have also asked that if you require them urgently you can pay the normal price and when or if we get the required 5 sets he will then refund the difference but please confirm this with him when you order.
The details are on their web site KYB AGX Shock Absorbers
Contact is Nathan on 0800 027 6525

Prices

Classic:

Full set for £332.81 delivered Inc vat.
Front = £68.06 +vat +Del each
Rear= £70.81 +vat +Del each

Newage (MY00 to MY02):

Full set for £466.91 delivered Inc vat.
Front = £104 +vat +Del each
Rear= £91.97 +vat +Del each

Put your names down on the list below and give Nathan a call to order. Let him know you’re part of the GB and if you want to wait for shipment until we have 5 sets or take them early at full price until the sets 5 are confirmed.

Names down please:
1> Paul666 - 99 Classic Full set

Last edited by Paul666; 29 November 2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 30 November 2006, 12:12 AM
Wonder Wagon
Scooby Regular

Old 02 December 2006, 07:11 PM
paulthejambo
Scooby Regular

Location: Heart of Midlothian FC aka Hearts have the nickname "The Jambo's" - therefore I'm a Jambo too.

Daft question, but are the rods on these the same length as the OEM units? Therefore to lower the car you'd need to use lowering springs?

It's just that I now get very occassional scraping on my 18's when cornering hard with the standard stuff that's on at the moment and it never used to happen. I'm putting it down to old and tired shocks. Or that I'm cornering faster!!

Does anyone know if the arches will scrape if I get springs with a 20-25mm drop onto 18's? Or should I factor in getting the arches rolled?

Regards,
Paul
Old 05 December 2006, 10:21 PM
Paul666
Scooby Regular

Paul,
The rods and spring seats are standard so it will be the spring that set the ride height.

Old shocks will give more under load as I found out with my Renault 5. Fully load with tools and spares on my way to Brands Hatch hit one of those trenches they dig across the road and never fill properly and the roll cage bolt took a chunks out of both my back tyres. A quick rebuild and a set of Group A torsion bars sorted it out.

It all depends on the offset of your wheels and tyre width to how much clearance you have. Take a look at this thread, I found it useful. https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyr...bbing-frt.html You can find a lot of threads some say 18s with 215s will rub and some say they don't but I think it just wheels with a small offset pushing the wheel closer to the arch. I hope it is because I've got P1 18s to go on Eibach and I was thinking of 225!

Thanks,
Paul.
Old 06 December 2006, 01:14 AM
jockc79
Scooby Regular

if u want kyb shocks motorsportworld sell the kyb gas shocks full set for classic is 290 delivered
Old 06 December 2006, 04:40 PM
Paul666
Scooby Regular

The KYB shocks that motorsportworld sell are not the adjustable ones.
Old 06 December 2006, 07:28 PM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

IS it possible to just buy a pair at the group buy price? I bought a pair of AGX rears a few months back, but my fronts need replacing too?
Old 06 December 2006, 08:36 PM
Paul666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by briforbes
IS it possible to just buy a pair at the group buy price? I bought a pair of AGX rears a few months back, but my fronts need replacing too?
I assume so but we'll still need to make 5 full sets. I'll need to ask if they will accept 10 pair regardless of split between front and rear.
Thanks,
Paul.
Old 06 December 2006, 10:20 PM
paulthejambo
Scooby Regular

Location: Heart of Midlothian FC aka Hearts have the nickname "The Jambo's" - therefore I'm a Jambo too.

Put your names down on the list below and give Nathan at Buypartsby a call on 0800 027 6525 to order. Let him know you’re part of the GB and if you want to wait for shipment until we have 5 sets or take them early at full price until the sets 5 are confirmed.

Names down please:
2> PaulTheJambo - 00 Classic Full set

Will try and call Nathan tomorrow.
Old 07 December 2006, 08:08 PM
haxbyscoobs
Scooby Regular

ordered mine from america came in four days and with dollar against the pound bin so good only cost

276 quid

jdmwerks on fleabay

these are the kyb adjustable aswell and that price includes shipping with tracking number
and lower price declared for customs so no custom fee's to pay
Old 07 December 2006, 09:20 PM
Paul666
Scooby Regular

What price did they quote on the invoice? In the HID GB they only quoted $40 on the invoice and I still got a bill for £34. Unless they ship them DDP (Delivered Duty Paid) then you could still get hit with duty as HM customs can take a view of what they think the value is. If they think it's more than the invoice then they can bill you for what they think is the correct market value, which is a lot easier to get via the internet nowhere days. Then they can tell their colleagues in the US and they can do the supplier for false declaration.

Are the same part numbers as the UK stuff?

Thanks,
Paul.
Old 08 December 2006, 04:29 PM
Paul666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by briforbes
briforbes

I have just spoken to Nathan and as long as we get 10 pairs, even if that means 6 fronts and 4 rears, then it will count as a group buy but we'll need someone else to take half a set before your pair will count. If you’re in then we're upto 2.5 set. Surly there's people out there that want, possibly, the best road suspension for their Impreza. It may not match the coilovers around a track but on bumpy back lanes it'll be the AGX that take the honors.

Nathan says that it will be best if we wait until we have the required number before calling with your details, this saves having card details knocking around.

Thanks
Paul.
Old 12 December 2006, 09:47 PM
paulthejambo
Scooby Regular

Surely there are more than two people in the whole of Scoobynet who want these shocks?

I've got everything else I'm upgrading waiting in the garage, but there's no point fitting it all until these shocks arrive!

Perhaps it's because we are too close to Christmas? Perhaps write a letter to Santa saying you've been a good boy/girl all year and see if he will pay for a set?

Come on guys and girls! Please add your names to the list!!

Old 23 December 2006, 02:12 PM
Paul666
Scooby Regular

I’m just trying to gauge if the lack of numbers for the group buy is because of Christmas or because nobody needed shocks? If you would be interested in this GB early next year could you let me know and I will see if we can suspend it until February or March otherwise I’ll call it a day and let Nathan know we’re not going to get the numbers.
Thanks,
Paul.
Old 23 December 2006, 02:29 PM
speedymonkey
Scooby Regular

Location: On the PC, sipping a beer and listing to old skool choons :)

Originally Posted by paulthejambo
Surely there are more than two people in the whole of Scoobynet who want these shocks?

Perhaps it's because we are too close to Christmas?
Come on guys and girls! Please add your names to the list!!
Howdi Paul, i'd add my name but you hit the nail on the head there, bloody christmas

Im after a lowering kit, but im probably looking at May ish next year (remap+brakes+service in the pipeline so skint), would this kit coupled with eibach springs give a decent drop in height without scrubbage
You know i dont know much about stuff like this, but would be after a drop of about 40mm, just to pick your brains
Old 23 December 2006, 04:44 PM
Paul666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speedymonkey
Howdi Paul, i'd add my name but you hit the nail on the head there, bloody christmas

Im after a lowering kit, but im probably looking at May ish next year (remap+brakes+service in the pipeline so skint), would this kit coupled with eibach springs give a decent drop in height without scrubbage
You know i dont know much about stuff like this, but would be after a drop of about 40mm, just to pick your brains
Speedymonkey,
Thanks for posting your interest but I think May is too long to wait, another 5 months.
As for the drop I don't think Eibach will make 40mm whatever your model of Impreza as they only make 20mm on a late classic and 30mm on an early classic but I don't know what they make on a New age.
It shouldn't cause rubbing issues but that all depends on what wheel offset and tyre size you have.
Thanks,
Paul (Not paulthejambo).
Old 23 December 2006, 06:02 PM
speedymonkey
Scooby Regular

Location: On the PC, sipping a beer and listing to old skool choons :)

Originally Posted by Paul666
Thanks for posting your interest but I think May is too long to wait, another 5 months.
I wasnt saying that i wanted you guys to wait till May, was just comenting that thats when i'll be looking for a simalar set up
I always see group buys/ things for sale when im skint, im dead unlucky like that
Well hope the gb goes to plan, no dowt i'll be checking paul the jambo's setup in the next few weeks, with a pang of jealousy
Thanks for the info Paul, always nice to get someones opinion who knows what there on about, so cheers for that, and have a cool yule fella
Old 23 December 2006, 06:26 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

i'd be interested in this in the new year as well, just that xmas has got in the way and have a particularly expensive nephew to keep in toys and stuff.
Old 23 December 2006, 07:13 PM
Paul666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speedymonkey
I wasnt saying that i wanted you guys to wait till May, was just comenting that thats when i'll be looking for a simalar set up
I always see group buys/ things for sale when im skint, im dead unlucky like that
Well hope the gb goes to plan, no dowt i'll be checking paul the jambo's setup in the next few weeks, with a pang of jealousy
Thanks for the info Paul, always nice to get someones opinion who knows what there on about, so cheers for that, and have a cool yule fella
At this rate it'll still be going next Christmas so paul the jambo may not have a set up to be jealous of.
It's taken years for me to sound like I know what I'm talking about and doubtless it'll take a few more year for me to actually know what I'm talking about , Merry Christmas
Paul
Old 26 December 2006, 07:42 AM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

price per pair here guys !

Shock Absorbers - KYB Gas Shocks

mark
Old 26 December 2006, 11:37 AM
Paul666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ethanrob
price per pair here guys !

Shock Absorbers - KYB Gas Shocks

mark
Thanks Mark but it's the same supplier as the group buy and it for a pair of non adjustable gas shocks, the same type as quoted in post 5, not the ones listed in this buy.
Thanks,
Paul.
Old 26 December 2006, 04:04 PM
big kris
Scooby Regular

I was about to purchase a rear pair for my Classic as I managed to break one over a 'pothole' (more like a moon crater!).

I would be needing these in a hurry though so will probably be ordering them before the group buy has been established, has Nathan said he is willing to refund the difference?

If you want to add me to the list I have ordered a pair of rears and probably some fronts when cash allows

Kris
Old 26 December 2006, 05:22 PM
Paul666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by big kris
I was about to purchase a rear pair for my Classic as I managed to break one over a 'pothole' (more like a moon crater!).

I would be needing these in a hurry though so will probably be ordering them before the group buy has been established, has Nathan said he is willing to refund the difference?

If you want to add me to the list I have ordered a pair of rears and probably some fronts when cash allows

Kris
Kris,
You have me a little confused, have you already ordered the rears, as your first two paragraphs say you will be ordering but the last says you have?

I have spoken to Nathan and the GB is running and he has said he will refund the difference when he gets the orders for the 5 sets but just check that with him when you order. I don't know how you stand if you haven't let him know, if you’ve already ordered.

You will have to check with Nathan that you can be included but we'll need another person to buy half a set for it to count, unless you come back for the fronts. If he says it’s OK then please add your name to the list
Thanks,
Paul.

Last edited by Paul666; 26 December 2006 at 05:29 PM.
Old 26 December 2006, 05:48 PM
big kris
Scooby Regular

Hi Paul, sorry mate still a bit tipsy from the weekend. I ordered the rear pair through the website and included a note mentioning the group buy on here. If I get the discount, brilliant, if not then its not the end of the world

I'll let you know either way Paul.

Kris
Old 26 December 2006, 05:49 PM
Paul666
Scooby Regular

Could you please add you name to the lists below so I can get a view of the interest in the GB.
Thanks,
Paul.

Definite:

Maybe:
1>
Old 26 December 2006, 06:30 PM
big kris
Scooby Regular

Definite:

Maybe:
1>big kris (depending on what Nathan says..)

Kris
Old 27 December 2006, 04:51 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

do they do the above non ajustable shocks for the 03>sti fella ?

i think i may be needing a pair

mark
Old 27 December 2006, 05:08 PM
Paul666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ethanrob
do they do the above non ajustable shocks for the 03>sti fella ?

i think i may be needing a pair

mark
Mark,
They list the New Age non adjustable shocks on the link you have already posted but I don't know if they'll fit an 03 STI. If you want to phone Nathan to check and, if they do, you could also ask if he'll include them in the GB.
Thanks,
Paul.
Old 28 December 2006, 07:37 PM
Paul666
Scooby Regular

I’ve had a few questions over the last few days but no-one else has put their names down and we still need another 2.5 or 3 sets of the 5 sets required. This is your last chance to post interest otherwise I call Nathan late tomorrow and let him know we can't get the numbers.
Thanks,
Paul.
Old 28 December 2006, 07:40 PM
yellow sti6
Scooby Regular

put me up as a maybe,would my sti springs be ok with these.

when would this buy be happening ???

Quick Reply: KYB AGX Shocks