Notices

98 Type R STI - Fault code shinanigans

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2014, 10:51 PM
evolvedgsr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Type R STI - Fault code shinanigans

Hi peeps having a couple small issues with my type r.

From the start two weeks ago....

Was a little sluggish driving and the speedo started periodically working then bouncing then just stopped. Idle was alternating and sometimes dropping really low and picking itself up again.
It still drove well a small splutter at take off every couple days just felt like it was holding back a bit.
I don't hammer the car at all, the opposite i drive like a nanna.

Anyhow i did a fault code check as per these instructions

http://www.jollygreenmonster.com/help.htm

This gave me fault code 23.
So i took out the MAF cleaned it also cleaned the ICV (Idle air control solenoid) while i was at it to help with the idle issue and low rev splutter.

This fixed the idle but MAF still came up on fault check...so got a new genuine one.

Fitted the genuine MAF yesterday, reset ECU.....took for little drive, engine light continuous flash (No faults)

Today engine light came on checked codes got 23 + 24.

So did a reset again then only on the drive error code 33 (Vehicle speed sensor 2) but this wont show on the first code check sequence only the reset????

I have yet to look at the speedo cable or possibly the speedo converter to diagnose the speedo issue. Also can this make my car limp mode??? But it still drives well just feels like its holding back a bit, still revs fine and pulls but i don't think as hard as it should.

PLEASE ANY HELP