Notices

Engine trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2014, 11:17 PM
Gcr306
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Engine trouble

Here we go first ever post I have a 94 classic which head gaskets went removed engine weekend and replaced them any cut long story short put engine back in car Sunday when it was hammering down with rain as no garage now the turns over will not start pulled off fuel pipe from filter and had pressure pulled a coil pack and put a brand new plug in the coil pack and earthed to a bolt and no sprk changed crank sensor from spare engine that was good also changed cam sensor can any one help
Old 04 March 2014, 11:24 PM
Worlasshasansti
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you double checked all your connections including all the earths etc?

Mick
Old 04 March 2014, 11:31 PM
Gcr306
Scooby Newbie

Unplugged the two behind battery and wd40 also the single one under intercooler as they did get wet putting engine back in checked timing think is all good all lines line up
Old 05 March 2014, 09:29 AM
Chocador
Scooby Regular

Camshaft sensor reconnected beside number 2/4 inlet cam?
Old 05 March 2014, 09:50 AM
Gcr306
Scooby Newbie

Yes reconnected and swoped for a new one sensor that is
Old 05 March 2014, 12:11 PM
Pigman149
Scooby Regular

Leads on the right plugs?
Old 05 March 2014, 12:14 PM
Gcr306
Scooby Newbie

It's coil packs have not checked that how can u tell if right
Old 05 March 2014, 01:52 PM
Chocador
Scooby Regular

Doesn't matter too much about order as long as the coil packs the right way round and the leads are not crossing from left to right as impreza s use a wasted spark system so wouldn't matter if 1/2 were mixed up,or 2/4 were mixed up.
What condition is the cog in fitted to the crank,has it been damaged,fitted correctly etc?
Old 05 March 2014, 05:47 PM
Gcr306
Scooby Newbie

Car was running fine till engine came out and went back in all lugs still on pulley looks good cond
Old 06 March 2014, 12:54 AM
Gcr306
Scooby Newbie

Right had another go at car tonight disconnected all connectors I removed and blew out with air blower still no joy unplugged mad still no joy removed earth from starter only one I removed cleaned up cleaned up batt terminals and clamps still no joy changed both crank and cam sensors nicked from my sis car which is perfect runner still no joy what do black plugs do under dash pluged together check engine light flashed slowly tried starting fired once then just turned over unplugged still no joy could it be alarm or immob or turbo timer as that was clicking when turning over battery not that charged so put on charge for tonight is there a earth strap on gearbox as jacked box up slightly to remove eng getting frustrated now lol
Old 06 March 2014, 01:55 AM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gcr306
Right had another go at car tonight disconnected all connectors I removed and blew out with air blower still no joy unplugged mad still no joy removed earth from starter only one I removed cleaned up cleaned up batt terminals and clamps still no joy changed both crank and cam sensors nicked from my sis car which is perfect runner still no joy what do black plugs do under dash pluged together check engine light flashed slowly tried starting fired once then just turned over unplugged still no joy could it be alarm or immob or turbo timer as that was clicking when turning over battery not that charged so put on charge for tonight is there a earth strap on gearbox as jacked box up slightly to remove eng getting frustrated now lol
Green ones plugged together make all your sensors run,like the boost solenoid,radiator fan etc to test them. Black plugs are for fault codes,you have to read sequence of flashes on dash for fault. See if car will start with a push and bumping it. If it starts with a push then its probably a poor earth connection.start at the negative cable on the battery and run your hand down the cables tightening with a spanner every bolt you come across where a earth is terminated (including battery terminal) When i replaced my engine there was an earth on the inlet manifold near the battery that I missed and was only hand tight and car wouldn't start on the key untill I nipped it with a spanner,it drove me crazy working it out! Also have you checked the two big plugs behind battery like someone else mentioned? There is an earth on gearbox but this is connected at starter motor bolt hole,so not underneath. There is gearbox speed sensor wires under there and maybe neutral position sensor wires too,they should be out the way of catching on a jack but have a look at them just in case.

Last edited by scoobyJim2; 06 March 2014 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06 March 2014, 08:02 PM
Gcr306
Scooby Newbie

Scooby Jim thank u very much u fixed me car wire loose on inlet manifold
Old 07 March 2014, 01:45 AM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gcr306
Scooby Jim thank u very much u fixed me car wire loose on inlet manifold
))) anytime mate,glad to help. Imprezas love an earth or should I say hate a bad one,poxy things lol. Come to think of it they can run a bit lumpy if earths aren't up to scratch.someone else on a different thread has this problem,I may just be able to help them too now