Notices

Top seal on rear Window

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2014, 12:09 AM
Ben Stearn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top seal on rear Window

Whilst driving today, I noticed in my rear view mirror something flapping and flying off in to the distance behind me. Thinking nothing of it, I carries on into work, park up and get on with work, however, on my 1st break, I was getting something out of my car and noticed that the rubber seal that goes across the top of my rear window has gone and I'm just left with the channel where it once was.
Putting 2 and we together, It must have been that I see flying through the air.
Anyway, how do I fix this and where should I go first to buy a new seal? Also, what are the consequences if left untreated?
Old 22 February 2014, 06:06 PM
Oranges
Scooby Regular

Well the consequences of no door seal could be a wet interior and lot of wind noise, it's odd you didn't notice the increase in noise in the cabin once it came off, it's weird also, as they only come off with the window down & then it's a bit of a fiddle !

Check with one or the breakers on here about getting a replacement, Mattyb has always been reliable for me, great prices too.
Old 23 February 2014, 08:24 AM
Ben Stearn
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Oranges
Well the consequences of no door seal could be a wet interior and lot of wind noise, it's odd you didn't notice the increase in noise in the cabin once it came off, it's weird also, as they only come off with the window down & then it's a bit of a fiddle !

Check with one or the breakers on here about getting a replacement, Mattyb has always been reliable for me, great prices too.
I think your thinking of my rear side window. I'm on about the seal that goes in between the roof and the rear windshield. In the channel at the top.
Old 23 February 2014, 08:31 AM
Ben Stearn
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve's Sti
just change the seal as a cold frosty morning could end up with damp interior
I'm gonna have a drive around Cambridge today to see if I can find someone who has the seal. I don't know if it's the kind of thing halfords will have in.
Old 23 February 2014, 08:54 AM
Steve's Sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ben Stearn
I'm gonna have a drive around Cambridge today to see if I can find someone who has the seal. I don't know if it's the kind of thing halfords will have in.

youll have a good chance at getting it from autoglass, national windscreens etc as they can order them in usually 1 day as i needed a new windscreen one
Old 23 February 2014, 09:32 AM
Ben Stearn
Scooby Regular

youll have a good chance at getting it from autoglass, national windscreens etc as they can order them in usually 1 day as i needed a new windscreen one
Cool, I'll give them a try. I wanna get it done asap. Hopefully we won't have too much rain.
Old 23 February 2014, 09:37 AM
Steve's Sti
Scooby Regular

if your changing it yourself or they are make sure you dont scratch the paint when cutting out window (if it all needs removed) as it will eventually rust as i'm having to do mines due to last owner getting windows tinted and scratching paint
Old 23 February 2014, 09:43 AM
Ben Stearn
Scooby Regular

if your changing it yourself or they are make sure you dont scratch the paint when cutting out window (if it all needs removed) as it will eventually rust as i'm having to do mines due to last owner getting windows tinted and scratching paint
Cheers for the heads up. Hopefully it's just a case of slotting it back into the channel it sits in.