Notices

fault code 66 ?

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2002, 07:28 PM
Legacyman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wondering if anyone could help please.
I have a Jap import 95 Legacy GT twin turbo with Check Engine Light keep coming on and restricting acceleration. The error it reports is 66 but can find no info out there.
Could anyone give me the heads up as to where to look.
Much appreciated
Old 27 May 2002, 08:06 PM
hdcsub
Scooby Regular

Code 66 is Sequential Turbo System-------abnormal pressure(high/low). From past experience with these it often means the actuator on the secondary turbo (nearside one) is faulty. Dont know if you could get an after market one to do the same job but Subaru Japan apparently wont sell it seperate so the cost is extortionate. Your other alternative would be to try to source a second hand one. Hope this helps.
Old 28 May 2002, 07:58 PM
Legacyman
Scooby Newbie

Thanks HDC.

I was wondering if you have a list or a source that I could have of all the error codes for my Japanese spec 1995 Legacy GT twin turbo wagon? I just want to be sure that if I get any more error codes I can source the problem straight away rather than spending hours hunting around the internet. At least a kind person like yourself has imparted their knowledge on me to assist.

You mention it could be the actuator on the secondary turbo, I have searched a few sites to understand the principals and workings of turbochargers (I'm a bit of a novice about modern technicalities) but cannot find any mention of an actuator, could you help with my understanding?

Much appreciated and many thanks.