Notices

3 port valve clicking

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2014, 01:12 PM
scoobidy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 port valve clicking

i have a t2000 fitted with gizzmo ms2 boost controller this came already fitted to the car when i bought it and is yet to be set up, the 3 port solenoid clicks away constantly as soon as throttle is touched but will stop if you blip the throttle on idle? also when boost reaches 0.50 car stutters and makes a strange noise worryingly accompanied by a smell of fuel!!!

Is this due to the ms2 needing setting up or is the 3 port got something to do with it?
Old 03 February 2014, 02:41 PM
matthewn
Scooby Regular

sounds like over fuelling,also check fuel leaks around injectors,filter etc.depending on how nifty u are around an engine i would check plugs , air leaks connections. boost controller i wouldnt use unless mapped,even then ive been advised against them,esl remap are good. what setup do you have, upgrades or modifications? i had my boost solenoid click and found i was using a too big boost pipe to my tub and actuator,changed them and it stopped.make sure you have a pill in bottom pipe on boost solenoid,u should be able to feel it. this is based on advice i was given on here mate.
Old 03 February 2014, 04:48 PM
scoobidy
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply. Iv'e checked for fuel leaks but cant see anything that doesn't look right and only get this smell of fuel once boost reaches 0.50. have the old 2 port valve & pipework so may just put back to standard till i can get the car looked at by someone although i'm not sure if the pill is with the pipework! Thinking of going to slow boy racing as are pretty local to me its just having the time to get the car to them. only other mod is a dump valve which i intend to get rid of & go back to standard as heard these just cause problems too.
Old 03 February 2014, 05:43 PM
matthewn
Scooby Regular

no worries,im dumping my dv too, not good on the ej20 !! using maf.