engine stutter

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2014, 07:26 PM
calum4492
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine stutter

hi
fitted a new fmic and a walbro 255 fuel pump, cars been sitting around for ruffly 2 weeks while I done it, mainly due to the boost pipes didn't like the way they were layed out so changed them slightly

anyways I needed to jump start the car the day and when it started it was running rubbish, hardly idleing at all and didn't really want to take a rev
now I had a look and everything seemed to be connected and the exhaust was stinking of fuel
I have fitted full 3" decat, pump and fmic, can this be due to the fuel pump change? too much fuel to idle? don't think this is a boost leak and I haven't had it mapped yet

I did fit the fmic at my work kind of quickly but the car started, idled fine and I drove it home, didn't boot it, wasn't till I was home I changed the layout of the pipes

sorry don't want to confuse the question, was just trying to relay all info I can think of

cheers calum
Old 12 January 2014, 11:47 AM
XDevil666
Scooby Regular

Sounds flooded to me, I'm no expert but sounds how mine went when it was flooded

I left mine running on idle for about 5 mins turned it off for about 15 then it started ok again
Old 12 January 2014, 11:32 PM
calum4492
Scooby Regular

Changed the pump back to standard , was still the same so took the plugs out and dried them still the same, so my reckoning is it's developed a miss fire I'm picking up 4 good 2nd hand coil packs 2moz night and I know I should have checked the plugs at the time but I didn't so will try and see if they are firing 2moz on the mrs focus easier to check them on it due to it not having springy coil packs if they fail I have another set ready to go in, up graded ones

If it's still the same do any of you's have any suggestions to what it could be?

I'm guessing it's not the fmic causing the problem it should surely let it run and drive reasonably well, but obv needing to be mapped
Old 13 January 2014, 11:40 PM
calum4492
Scooby Regular

got it running lol I had used the japspeed fmic and the short ram filter and pipe and I had stuck the maf around the wrong way

so after a while of feeling stupid took it out a run and noticed another problem
when the car hits around 2.5-3k rpm its bounces abit then takes boost and goes
can this be a boost leak? or is it due to the car not being mapped properly?
Old 14 January 2014, 05:51 PM
Mugs
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

i would say due to not having it mapped. do not drive on boost ( or at all really) until it is mapped. with the decat etc the standard map will not compensate and you'll end up with a meltdown of some sort.
Old 14 January 2014, 06:10 PM
calum4492
Scooby Regular

Thanks for reply
Yeh I've been reasonably careful but have booted it
I was going to email Andy and ask him because he will be mapping it