Notices

Guys im new and need help

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2014, 01:54 PM
mikes-going-nowhere
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Guys im new and need help

I recently bought a Subaru wrx 2003 blobeye and took it for the dreaded mot to find that the ABS light has been taken out so failed badly... I don want it as a plant pot on my drive lol now2 ive been told the drive shafts on the Subaru are not the right ones that's why the light was taken out does anybody know if the bugeye 2002-2005 drive shafts are the same please guys any input would be a great help...
Old 01 January 2014, 02:37 PM
ST-X
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Do you know if it's had the R180 diff & shafts fitted? It shouldn't cause any problems doing that as the later cars all had ABS & DCCD as opposed to the earlier classics which had one or the other, but not both. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will come along with better info but it sounds to me as though the hubs have maybe been replaced with some that don't have the ABS rings if what the mechanic says is correct?

Personally I didn't think they actually checked whether the ABS light came on/went out, I just thought that it couldn't stay on if present. Strictly speaking, it isn't present and therefore I wouldn't have thought that to be a fail...
Old 01 January 2014, 04:31 PM
mikes-going-nowhere
Scooby Newbie

Lightbulb maybe maybe just maybe

The mot place said that they require the abs light to come on then off for the mot test ie meaning on when the ignition is turned,
The guy that I got the car off said that he had a plated diff put on then had it took off and bought some d/shafts and they was wrong so he just left it as it was as I say im quite new to the Subaru stuff to be honest but he has advised me that the bulb has been taken out which to me I was extremely annoyed about but yes I think that's the case they have put none abs d/shafts on slightly confused at all this but I have found some d/shafts fingers crossed .

** does anyone know of any one selling a " front bumper reinforce bar + bolts " ** or at least point me in the right direction
Old 01 January 2014, 04:47 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Send Mattybr5@MB Developments from on here a PM, he'll sort you out with everything you need.

https://www.scoobynet.com/member.php?u=83516

Last edited by Aaron1978; 01 January 2014 at 04:48 PM.