Blobeye WRX Exhaust gaskets.

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2013, 02:51 AM
daveyj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blobeye WRX Exhaust gaskets.

Hi there,

Just about to replace my entire system inc up pipe for STi/de-cat/PPP stuff. Want to renew gaskets therefore ordering in advance to minimise risk of immobilising the car.

According to diagrams I've seen I've got a single gasket at the front end of the up pipe, a single gasket then to the turbo, another gasket to the downpipe then a doughnut ring-type gasket to the centre pipe and finally another doughnut-type to the back box.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct or incorrect before I got buckwild on Ebay please?

Thanks in advance.
Old 29 December 2013, 08:55 AM
adz556
Scooby Regular

Depends on the system mate as my cobra 3 inch system removes the donut type and are obviously bigger.

On standard you have gasket between the back box and centre section, another between the back box and the second cat, then one between the second cat and the downpipe (a lot of after market systems make the two cats in one pipe so removes that gasket), then downpipe to turbo and both ends of the up pipe (headers to up pipe and up pipe to turbo).

Don't want to teach you to suck eggs but hope the above helps.

Adam
Old 29 December 2013, 09:01 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by adz556
Depends on the system mate as my cobra 3 inch system removes the donut type and are obviously bigger.

On standard you have gasket between the back box and centre section, another between the back box and the second cat, then one between the second cat and the downpipe (a lot of after market systems make the two cats in one pipe so removes that gasket), then downpipe to turbo and both ends of the up pipe (headers to up pipe and up pipe to turbo).

Don't want to teach you to suck eggs but hope the above helps.

Adam
+1

my 3" system uses no donut type washers,also stay away from ebay gaskets and get genuine ones from advanced automotive/import car parts etc

do it right-do it once
Old 29 December 2013, 01:32 PM
daveyj
Scooby Regular

The system going on is a straight through up pipe then it is prodrive stuff after that. Have looked at oem Subaru stuff and am going for that

Thanks lads.