99-00 Classic PPP

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2013, 05:38 PM
wrcbluebug
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99-00 Classic PPP

Hi all,

Been a lurking member on the forum a couple of years now when I bought my first Scooby a WRX PPP bug eye.... sadly I had to sell the car to finance a house deposit... but now Im back with a classic shape RB5.

I purchased the totally original RB5 in July of this year. Absolutely love the car, but as always would like just a little bit more power.

Having read the threads on here I appreciate the pro's of going with aftermarket bits/ Ecutek remaps etc... but Im not after big power and want to keep the car as original/ use genuine upgrade bits possible.

So, I have been trying to source the genuine Prodrive WR Sport/ PPP bits to place on mine for the 237 bhp and hike in torque. Ive managed to get my hands on the pink SP STI ecu... but I need advice on the Y pipe/ exhaust bits please...

Ive searched the forum as best i can but have failed to find a definative answer....

Y pipe - Is the genuine Prodrive item all silicone (like they are on the newage cars?) Or is it the half alloy/ silicone affair like fitted to the jdm WRX's?

Centre decat - What does the genuine Prodrive one look like? Is it a straight through unresonated pipe? A simple resonated pipe? Or one with heat shields etc... attached?

Was there a change in restrictor pill size on the PPP equipped cars?

Would I need a Walbro fuel pump to support the above mods?

Please note this is for a Classic PPP set up...try not to confuse me with the newage bits! lol! Photo's etc... of the right bits would be great.

Lastly, If anyone has any of the above for sale please get in touch!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Gwyn, Anglesey
Old 19 December 2013, 07:10 PM
sthomson1
Scooby Newbie

prodrive ecu.
silicone y piece under intercooler (any one will do, toyosports are the cheapest)
2.5" decat centre section and prodrive rear box (any unrestricted box will do)

restrictor pill isn't touched.
standard fuel pumps fine.
Old 31 December 2013, 02:48 PM
wrcbluebug
Scooby Newbie

Hi, thanks for the response mate. But as above, I'm after the original Prodrive bits..... (appreciate they do the same - but looking to keep car OE)

Any reply's welcome! Thanks.