Notices

advice on upgraded washer bottle in new age

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2013, 11:34 PM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice on upgraded washer bottle in new age

as the title states I would like to get rid of the massive plastic washer Bottle on my blob sti as on the right hand side as it seems so large and unsightly.

would like to replace it with something else smaller to gain some room, but what to use or where to get I have no idea as I will need to refit the small pump underneath etc, has anyone does this or know of something that could be used that's a lot smaller?

Grant
Old 26 November 2013, 01:49 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Grant

You can use Intercooler Water spray as washer bottle replacement and mount this in the boot,I think friend using this on his car without the problems

Jura
Old 26 November 2013, 09:07 AM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 231 Likes on 172 Posts

Anyone ever found an uprated pump for it? I find my hawkeye one cr@p
Old 26 November 2013, 09:24 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by jura11
Hi Grant

You can use Intercooler Water spray as washer bottle replacement and mount this in the boot,I think friend using this on his car without the problems

Jura
+1,it's one of the first things I changed as the O.E one had just a bit too much plastic for me.SJ.
:SPEC R:
Old 26 November 2013, 01:14 PM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

I like the look of that SJ, and thanks Jura just had a look in the boot but without stripping back the interior it does not look any smaller! possibly larger I would have said lol, but I don't use the I/c spray anymore with running the fmic.
so is that actually a ss washer Bootle and you have pump fitted underneath with a sight tube? looks like a large catch tank but I like it very much that's the sort of thing I am talking about! where do you get them or anyone else any other ideas?

Grant
Old 26 November 2013, 01:54 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Grant I think what Jura was trying to say is running the washer bottle direct from the boot its original position but redirect the pipe work or pump to the actual wiper washers it's been done before even I was thinking of doing it before when I went front mount intercooler.here's the link that you requested for the spec r parts:http://www.spec-r.co.uk/fast-road/su...i/results,10-9 there not cheap but they are a very good quality part.SJ.
Old 26 November 2013, 01:58 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Hmm I've been trying to make room for a catch can in my bay, perhaps dumping the washer bottle and using the IC spray is the way forward.

Is the pump for the IC in the boot or in the engine bay? I guess the easiest way to retain the steering wheel stalk control and wiper interaction would be to just swap the pumps over.
Old 27 November 2013, 12:09 AM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

AH RIGHT I see what you are both on about now and that seems like a great idea!!

could I not just unclip the I/c hose from the nozzle and swap it to the hose for the washer at the undertray, then use the I/c switch for the washer button and remove the washer bottle all together then? as that's already set up with a pump so.......

Grant
Old 27 November 2013, 01:38 AM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

Done this ages back on several applications
1 using the inter cooler bottle with larger pump & directing 2 jets to inside of front bumper for FMIC spray
2 using the inter cooler bottle with larger pump for screen wash application & using spray jets on bonnet

Both are easy jobs guys
Old 27 November 2013, 07:15 AM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx fifer
AH RIGHT I see what you are both on about now and that seems like a great idea!!

could I not just unclip the I/c hose from the nozzle and swap it to the hose for the washer at the undertray, then use the I/c switch for the washer button and remove the washer bottle all together then? as that's already set up with a pump so.......

Grant
You could, but id rather continue usin the stalk button as it kicks the wipers in too.

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze
Done this ages back on several applications
1 using the inter cooler bottle with larger pump & directing 2 jets to inside of front bumper for FMIC spray
2 using the inter cooler bottle with larger pump for screen wash application & using spray jets on bonnet

Both are easy jobs guys
Is the IC pump under the bonnet or in the boot?
Old 27 November 2013, 08:43 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

On jdm cars the IC spray bottles are under the bonnet
Old 29 November 2013, 06:21 PM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

yeah just swapped the line over earlier to have a wee look to see what like and the I/c pump seems ok, skooshed the water to the centre of the window fine, so don't think will have to swap the pumps over from existing washer bottle, but as said above you have to use the I/c button to squirt the windows, maybe not a hard ship? could look at that later but I am deff gonna do this next week and get the bottle removed from the engine bay.
then will be able to move my catch tank from the back where it is squeezed in behind the fuel lines and place it where the washer bottle was hopefully will look better.

thanks guys

Grant
Old 29 November 2013, 06:23 PM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

as you see mines is tucked in at the back where the fuel lines are at the right strut, and I really don't like it there.

thanks again

Grant
Old 29 July 2014, 10:24 PM
Blocks85
Scooby Regular

Excuse the resurrection of an old thread but I'm after some info.

I've done this conversion of using the rear I/c bottle for the washer jets but I'm not convinced the power is as good as when it's up front etc.

I can appreciate the extra length of pipe so maybe will be down on power plus I find the washer jets don't cut off as well so water over he bonnet.

Can I use the pump from the old original washer bottle? As in is it more powerful?

I've changed the jets over to most ones and they don't get on the screen so looking for a stronger pump? Anyone have any ideas of what is more powerful?

Thanks Chris