Electrical gremlins after engine rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2013, 05:05 PM
alessio
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical gremlins after engine rebuild

Hi all,

After some advice on the location of components on my MY98 European LHD Impreza turbo - where are the ignition relays on this thing?

I have some wiring diagrams but they are either for US models or for RHD models so I would be going in pretty much blind. I don't suppose anyone has the wiring diagrams for the car in question?

The background is as follows: installed the engine after I rebuilt it myself (first rebuild), started fine and at first ran smoothly until it started cutting out and the factory gauges were quite erratic. Took the key out but the warning lamps remained on! Went a little dimmer but remained on. Since then I've gone to town on engine grounding and also cleaned all the connectors I could find in the engine bay and in the dash, no luck. Then I tested the ignition lock - disconnected the lock connector when there was the problem with the ignition not turning off - same result, the ignition stayed on. So the next logical step seems to check the relay(s) but I need some help on this as described above.

Thanks, all advice is greatly appreciated.