Notices

hawk sti... limp mode? why?

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2013, 05:04 PM
DantheMan2605
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hawk sti... limp mode? why?

Wondering what peoples thoughts are on this...

Did a quick search and most lead to boost/vac pipe related.

Anyway, engine was forged 2.5k miles ago, mapped to 347bhp approx 700 ago on momentum (fuelpump was upgraded and 3 port solenoid installed at the same time). Lastnight, I filled up with 40 litres, however, on squeezing the trigger a litre was dispensed and a 30 second pause followed before firing up again and filling up to max I went on my normal drive and when up to temp, drove in my usual manner

This is where it gets interesting, after about half an hour, on my way back through the lanes, the car started losing boost. 2nd gear @0.9 bar, 3rd gear @ 0.7 and 4th+ 0.5
Eventually it would only boost to 0.5 in all gears (presumably entered limp mode) oil temp and pressure is fine and acting as normal. Normal peak boost is 1.3 and holding 1.0 on a vf43. With the torque app on WOT I was given AFR of 11:09:1 when not boosting above 0.5

I kept off boost until back in town, parked up under a street light and had a quick look around the boost and vac pipes. All were intact and none split from what I could see. I scanned the car with torque app just to be sure, no cel, but checked anyway and no faults came back. I unplugged the Maf and the car stalled as expected.

Any thoughts on whats happening? Could we have a situation of tesco putting wrong petrol in their tanks or is their a problem car wise? 3 port, fuel pump etc...

Checked all air pipes today and nothing is out of the ordinary. Ill give my builder/tuner a call tomorrow to see what they say. Any thoughts from people on here?

Cheers

Last edited by DantheMan2605; 07 November 2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07 November 2013, 07:42 PM
Sami_D
Scooby Regular

Oh my!
My hawk is playing up too!
And I live in Essex!
Do you use tesco at mayflower retail park?!
I have no boost and the car seems like major turbo lag in 4th and between 4-6k revs
I filled up again from tesco on Tuesday night but haven't had a chance to have a blip on the accelerator!
Could this really be a simple problem of fuel?!
All my pipes and hoses look good too!
Sam
Old 07 November 2013, 11:58 PM
DT-SPD
Scooby Regular

Could be a fuel mix up and it's running 95ron and starting to get a bit of det, this is causing the ECU to pull boost to try and be safe. Be good to see what the Ignition Advance Multiplier is, I bet its low.