Notices

Ill fitting gt spec 2 headers

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2013, 06:14 PM
l70byb.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ill fitting gt spec 2 headers

Right the past 2/3 days an hour here and there I've been trying to fit a sc40 billet and second hand gt spec2 headers from a CS400 (so I was told) which has a fix up pipe not sleeve joint , all this is now bolted to my ej205 block after some grinding but the up pipe seem to be causing the turbo to twist slightly,The rear being towards the drivers inner wing and this causes the down pipe to hit the bulk head and rubs the steering U/J , now my question is has anyone else had this issue? Or any ideas on what I can do to solve it apart burning the car and taking it all off!!!
Old 22 October 2013, 08:56 PM
mogs132
Scooby Regular

hi mate had the same issue fitting a md 321t to mine. got the manifold lateral sells, think its a gt spec, or very simular, ( well made and good quality) but to get the inlet side of the turbo to fit ive had to grind away some bell housing and had to pull the up pipe out towards the wheel then quickly tightened it to allow the turbo to not hit the bell housing to much.
but this had then caused the downpipe (decat) to hit the steering uj :/
basically ive just used a hammer and added a dent to the down pipe so that it clears steering uj.
not the best solution but its a big turbo, not sure how else its supposed to fit. fits nice now with no fouling
Old 22 October 2013, 09:07 PM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a pile of c**p to me. Iv got RCM tubular headers with a Harvey up pipe on an MDX321T fitted to my V3 STI & apart from minimal grinding to the block it was a perfect fit.
Old 22 October 2013, 10:49 PM
l70byb.
Scooby Regular

Well first thing tomorrow I'm gonna remove the bolts connecting the headers and line up the turbo correctly fit down pipe and see how far out the down pipe is to headers , think it maybe a cut and weld job . I really don't want to mess with behind turbo to much but I'll report back
Old 26 November 2013, 11:12 PM
just me
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RICHARD J
Sounds like a pile of c**p to me. Iv got RCM tubular headers with a Harvey up pipe on an MDX321T fitted to my V3 STI & apart from minimal grinding to the block it was a perfect fit.
Where on the block did you grind it away? Will a dremel do?
Cheers