Default Decat. 1998 terzo

HELP PLEASE I wanna do a decat on my car

1998 impreza terzo would this fail the mot as I heard it would
Does this car have a cat at all how would I know please
Old 02 September 2013, 09:04 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this a serious question? No it's wont pass without one. Would fail more than likely on high emissions, however is would fail as a car produced with a cat needs one for the tests. Vosa (March 2012), if your car is standard you will have a cat in your downpipe behind the turbo, being a uk car you should also have one in the centre section. If you wanted a decat you would need to get the car remapped (for any decent gains ) , I'm pretty sure the 1998 ecu requires a daughter board fitted also. You could fit a Sports cat will has a reduced cell level which will still pass an mot, if not you need to swap your exhausts over mot time, doesn't take that long, what power are you aiming for from your car mate? What's your budget?

Last edited by blackvenom; 02 September 2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02 September 2013, 09:43 PM
scoobyterzo2013
Scooby Regular

Thank you for info only got car Friday completely standard was going to purchase the nurspec r
Old 02 September 2013, 09:55 PM
Steve's Sti
Scooby Regular

Be prepare to have your ear drums destroyed! Lol blitz is the one exhaust that unleashes the boxer to its full potential, have your neighbours hate you lol the old man across the road from me says everytime i fire her up his windows vibrate haha, tbh i wouldnt bother with the hassle of decat, remove one in up pipe, 3rd cat but leave in downpipe and make sure its mapped or you could have issues
Old 02 September 2013, 10:02 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

I have a Blitz Nur spec r on my classic, it's not for the fate hearted, sounds nice tho! I would go for a sports cat, or keep your oem one, you can get good power gains without all the hassle. Your engine is 15 years old so your never going to get massive power unless you have deep pockets,
Old 02 September 2013, 10:05 PM
ace1981
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve's Sti
Be prepare to have your ear drums destroyed! Lol blitz is the one exhaust that unleashes the boxer to its full potential, have your neighbours hate you lol the old man across the road from me says everytime i fire her up his windows vibrate haha, tbh i wouldnt bother with the hassle of decat, remove one in up pipe, 3rd cat but leave in downpipe and make sure its mapped or you could have issues
Sound advice, but I'm sure I once read that the classics have two decats, not three. I was always under the impression that they were found in just the downpipe and centre section. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

To the OP, it's expensive but it might answer your question:-
http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog...oducts_id=1111

Also worth reading the blurb underneath: "On a standard UK Impreza Turbo this product allows your car to pass UK MOT emissions tests with just this one sports cat, meaning you can run with this downpipe, a de-cat centre section and any of our rear silencers and still pass MOT / roadside emissions".