Notices

93 ej20 engine tuning

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2013, 01:55 AM
Lilchris
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 ej20 engine tuning

Hi guys after some advice from you all if possible, I have a imported impreza wrx 1993 and I'm after tuning the engine and drivetrain. I've read a few posts on how to get power and what power the engine and box can take but keep getting mixed reviews, please would you all point me in the right direction of parts I would need to obtain what I'm looking for.

I will be using the car for weekends and track day events.

I'm after a couple of maps on the car so I've bought a apexi avcr to give me that option, now for the power I'm wanting to push 500bhp max what set up would you guys recommend for the engine and gearbox?

I was thinking of running type ra running gear but unsure if it would handle the power so would I be right in thinking I need a dccd 6speed box out of a 07 plate impreza?

I don't know a lot on tuning these cars but sick of my mates saying the engines and gear box's are like chocolate and to go get an evo!

Car is getting resprayed in September so as of the 1st June I'm starting to strip her and want to do a project thread and your know how guys would be much appreciated
Old 21 May 2013, 12:59 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your best bet is to have a look at the Projects section to see what other people are doing and have done (if you are doing the work yourself)

As for the Evo friends i would expect they all 'know' someone who's Impreza has had a new engine/gearbox so that makes ALL imprezas crap but if you treat them right they are just as reliable or unreliable as any other car and as you want 500bhp the engine will have to be rebuilt,the gearbox will have to be changed so most of the standard stuff on your car will be binned or can be sold on.

Couple of links for you to contact and ask them what they can do for you and how much it will cost.

http://www.enginetuner.co.uk/
http://www.slowboy-racing.co.uk/
Old 21 May 2013, 11:14 PM
Lilchris
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks will take a look at the links