Notices

NO TURBO BOOST AFTER BLOWN OFF PIPE

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2013, 09:21 PM
PHILLSSCOOB350BHP
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face NO TURBO BOOST AFTER BLOWN OFF PIPE

Hi guys please help , basically i was driving home the other night when i dropped down a gear and accelerated not madly but quickly then i heard a loud pop my first thought was f£$k thats the turbo gone , i lost all power and the engine sounded rough there was some smoke coming from the exhaust and engine area nothing excessive , anyway got the aa to take me home , the next day a friend who is good with engines and has had scoobs had a look and noticed that the air pipe that goes from the lower front of the car to the turbo had blown apart under the air filter after re-connecting the pipe i started the engine there was a little smoke to start but then it cleared and the engine settled and sounded like normal on tick over so we thought we had cracked it wrong!! problem is now the turbo needle is flicking to 0 and getting to nearly .5 but theres no real power there and she was hitting 1.5 bar easily before ??? has the turbo gone or is there something needs resetting like a fuse r something to do with the ecu , im no mechanic so all help will be much appreciated many thanks for your time a worried phill!!!!!!!
Old 10 May 2013, 08:52 AM
Dmacnz
Scooby Regular

Sounds like you had a hose pop off.... Most likely probably one of the pressure pipes on the intercooler. Id check to see if any of those pipe have blown off... I use to get is alot when i started running high boost...
Have a look around for pipes that have blown off.... The big ones!
Old 11 May 2013, 10:45 AM
PHILLSSCOOB350BHP
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice i will have another good look round , i couldn't see any more , but that would make sense !! if its not does anyone know if there is any reset process or any fuse's i should be checking ???
Old 13 May 2013, 03:41 PM
PHILLSSCOOB350BHP
Scooby Regular

o.k all pipes are connected and have been secured firmly!! the turbo seems to be back boosting at higher levels than before but theres not the same power through the lower revs ??? and she still sounds like she is trying to suck all the air out of the atmosphere even when you use a low amount of revs ????
Old 13 May 2013, 05:01 PM
XDevil666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PHILLSSCOOB350BHP
o.k all pipes are connected and have been secured firmly!! the turbo seems to be back boosting at higher levels than before but theres not the same power through the lower revs ??? and she still sounds like she is trying to suck all the air out of the atmosphere even when you use a low amount of revs ????
Intercooler pipe split?
Old 17 May 2013, 08:18 AM
PHILLSSCOOB350BHP
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the help guys but im still not quite there and its doing my head in !!! all pipes and joins have been re-checked and re-tightened!! she is running sweet and tick-over is perfect now! the problem still remains the only way to describe it is like quite big turbo lag it seems to take a while for the turbo to kick in and you dont quite get forced back in your seat anymore although the turbo appears to be hitting the same previous boost ??also the sound of the air remains the more u accelerate the louder it gets obviously but it gets loud?? any ideas ?? just out of curiousity how can i reset the ecu ?? and could this change anything ?? cheers phill
Old 21 May 2013, 07:16 AM
PHILLSSCOOB350BHP
Scooby Regular

Anyone had any similar experiences ?? would be nice to scratch this itch!!!