Notices

pulled over by police

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2013, 07:48 PM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dm

Last edited by veerinder9; 24 December 2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02 April 2013, 07:53 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by veerinder9
Ok well basically I got pulled over by th po po about an hour ago, they couldnt get my insurance details confirmed, so theyl be in contact with them. Anyway reason I got pulled over was for speeding n overtaking without indicating. They never gave me a producer, what will happen next? They said theyl seize car if im nt insured but I am but what will happen with the speeding? They took my details bt nothing was given to me..

3 points that will help your insurance
Old 02 April 2013, 07:58 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Lol! It was 50 on a 40mph road -_-, so is that defo 3 points il be getting?

if they pursue it yes your way over the 10 percent allowed which is 44 mph.

so is your car insured?? if not they will come and take it under the new laws.
it sounds like they gave you the benefit of the doubt as they couldnt get intouch with the insurance company to check.

but they will.
Old 02 April 2013, 08:04 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

did they give you any paperwork??

i think under new laws they have to write a report and the outcome is decided by someone else and they let you know the outcome in 21 days.

this happened to me earlier in the year for having an illegal numberplate, 3 weeks later a fine dropped on my mat.
Old 02 April 2013, 08:06 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok well basically I got pulled over by th po po about an hour ago, they couldnt get my insurance details confirmed, so theyl be in contact with them. Anyway reason I got pulled over was for speeding n overtaking without indicating. They never gave me a producer, what will happen next? They said theyl seize car if im nt insured but I am but what will happen with the speeding? They took my details bt nothing was given to me..
Nothing technical about this thread, expect to get done for speeding. Then since you're already struggling to get your upcoming insurance cost down, forget about that bit.

The reason young drivers, like yourself, have higher insurance costs, is because they tend to drive like berks, like you have just admitted to.
Old 02 April 2013, 08:09 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

They gve me no paperwork, oh right how much did you get? Did you get any paperwork?

yes but mine was a trivial motoring defect, i forget the form.
i had the choice of a £60 fine or go to court.

obviously i paid up and that was the end.

they have your details and no doubt will be in touch, id expect a fine and points or you can waste your time and money going to court i guess.

they didnt fine me on the spot or do anything other than the usual checks, he said something about a report and being in touch, which is what happened.

Last edited by tubbytommy; 02 April 2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02 April 2013, 08:15 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Well I wasnt driving dangerously or anything, I was atleast 2 cars length away from the car I overtook and I done 50mph at a normal pace, not like I revved the **** outa the car, and they just pullex me over, thats all I was told that I was speeding, I dont drive like a tit or do atupid speeda, im sure evryone even ppl tje age above 30 that are scooby owners break the speed limit, if I was doing like 100mph then thats a diff story but it was sonething major and there was no hazard what so ever.

the speed limit is 40 and you were doing 50 and the police caught you.

you were breaking the law whatever excuse you can come up with and because of this you will no doubt get 3 points and make your insurance even more expensive.

you only have yourself to blame really.

i got fined for illegal spacing on my plate, it sucks but i knew the law and that my plate was illegal so paid up and took it on the chin.

Last edited by tubbytommy; 02 April 2013 at 08:16 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 02 April 2013, 08:22 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Yeah I knw im the one to blame im not gna come up with any excsue I just wanted to know what would happen, ive got a quote of 750 to be insured on my cousins traders policy, hopefully the points wont affect it

id think at your age there is no doubt 3 points will effect you insurance.

what do you do for a living?
Old 02 April 2013, 08:22 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and you are admitting that are you?
Old 02 April 2013, 08:28 PM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GAZ2293
and you are admitting that are you?
Admitting what? Lol
Old 02 April 2013, 08:30 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Forklift driver at wickes
so how exactly are you going to get trade insurance then as you have nothing to do with the motoring trade.

take this anyway you want but ***** like you drive the insurance up for the honest motorists like the rest of us when you have an accident and it turns out your not insured due to lying on policys etc its us who foot the bill.

Last edited by tubbytommy; 02 April 2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02 April 2013, 08:37 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

I thought they had to give you something at the roadside for an offence ?

They must think you have insurance and there is a glitch somewhere otherwise they would simply have siezed the car..........

Shaun
Old 02 April 2013, 08:37 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
so how exactly are you going to get trade insurance then as you have nothing to do with the motoring trade.

take this anyway you want but ***** like you drive the insurance up for the honest motorists like the rest of us when you have an accident and it turns out your not insured due to lying on policys etc its us who foot the bill.
"Take this anyway you want" - "****"
Old 02 April 2013, 08:38 PM
blackpoolrock
Scooby Regular

the dirty dogs are at it with you pal, if they couldn't confirm your insurance they would NOT of let you drive off, they would of taken it there and then. they also have to give you paperwork
Old 02 April 2013, 08:39 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Midlife......
I thought they had to give you something at the roadside for an offence ?

They must think you have insurance and there is a glitch somewhere otherwise they would simply have siezed the car..........

Shaun

id think its something to do with the trader status, they would need to ring insurance and talk to them but id think they are closed.
Old 02 April 2013, 08:41 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

The car is insured just couldnt confirm the details as its a traders policy but they will be with my boss who is the policy holder

are you sure a traders policy covers this as its your car and nothing to do with your bosses trade.

the police arent that daft you know.
Old 02 April 2013, 08:42 PM
ianbott
Scooby Regular

Everyone has speeded but this guy at least admits it, love it when people get on their high horses and rip into people.
I'd be surprised if at least 90% of drivers on here haven't exceeded the speed limit at some time or another.
As for speeding unless you were caught on camera or the police used some kind of system like vascar to give a speed then I'd be very surprised if they will be able to pursue you for the speeding.
How many officers were in the vehicle pulled you over, was it a panda car or a traffic car?
Old 02 April 2013, 08:42 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Hmm well im waiting on a phone call from them, they said they will ring later on today, they also said that they dont want to see the car on road til we confirm the insurance

which you dont have
Old 02 April 2013, 08:43 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

did they catch you with a speedgun and show you the speed on it when they stopped you? if they just matched your speed to guess your speed they cant prove anything i dont think? maybe someone with more knowledge can confirm?
Old 02 April 2013, 08:44 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by ianbott
Everyone has speeded but this guy at least admits it, love it when people get on their high horses and rip into people.
I'd be surprised if at least 90% of drivers on here haven't exceeded the speed limit at some time or another.
As for speeding unless you were caught on camera or the police used some kind of system like vascar to give a speed then I'd be very surprised if they will be able to pursue you for the speeding.
How many officers were in the vehicle pulled you over, was it a panda car or a traffic car?

its being uninsured that im ripping into him for, i work hard to tax and insure my car and expect others to do the same.

imagine if he crashes into your car and damages it and it turns out he is uninsured due to a "trader" policy that doesnt cover him and your left to pick up the bill.

obviously the rozzers are suspicious of the policy too hence the checks

Last edited by tubbytommy; 02 April 2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02 April 2013, 08:45 PM
blackpoolrock
Scooby Regular

you did wel by the way - i got a section 5 public order last time o got pulled
Old 02 April 2013, 08:46 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Tubbytommy..........my post about paperwork relates to the speeding / overtaking offence. I am sure they have to issue with some something in writing.

Shaun
Old 02 April 2013, 08:48 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

questions here
DID THEY GUN YOU ?
DID THEY FOLLOW YOU FOR MORE THAN 1/4 OF A MILE OVER THE LIMIT
WERE YOU JUST EXCEEDING THE LIMIT TO SAFELY OVERTAKE SLOWER CARS
DID YOU GET PAPERWORK GIVEN TO YOU ON ROADSIDE
DID THEY HAVE VIDEO EVIDENCE IN CAR
sorry for caps lock, if the answer to all these is no apart from the safely overtaking bit forget it nothing will happen

Last edited by madscoob; 02 April 2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02 April 2013, 08:48 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Midlife......
Tubbytommy..........my post about paperwork relates to the speeding / overtaking offence. I am sure they have to issue with some something in writing.

Shaun

i must admit they gave me a slip of paper with details on it.

im betting its more the insurance issue they are after here.
Old 02 April 2013, 08:50 PM
blackpoolrock
Scooby Regular

its rubbish - you got no paperwork - they couldnt confirm if you had insurance and they let you go ??? NOT A CHANCE. its to to YOU to prove insurance at the road side, they DO NOT LET you go then come along to you at a later date. no speed gun ? was it RObocop with Lazer eyes ?????? if they cant prove your speed they cant do you. If they had you on camera in the car they HAVE TO SHOW YOU and read you your rights at the road side. there trying to **** you up and it looks like there doing a good job to me !!!!
Old 02 April 2013, 08:50 PM
Donnie Brasco 46
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

10% + 2mph normally gets you points. However if you were not 'officially' recorded breaking the speed limit either by photo, video then I don't think that you'll get any points.
Old 02 April 2013, 08:51 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Its insured, my car is insured under the policy and im a named driver under the policy, they couldnt get through insuramce to confirm as I dont have the policy with me but my boss does, im 100% insured on the vehicle they just found it hard to believe cz of my age and just wanted to make sure its legit

if its insured under your boss trader policy, why are you so concerned about getting it insured in your other thread.

why not stay on your bosses policy for free and why are you changing to your cousins policy??
Old 02 April 2013, 08:51 PM
blackpoolrock
Scooby Regular

i must admit they gave me a slip of paper with details on it.

im betting its more the insurance issue they are after here.
no if they cant prove it at the road side they seize you car on the spot ! END OF

dont you watch traffic cops !!!!!!!
Old 02 April 2013, 08:53 PM
ianbott
Scooby Regular

its being uninsured that im ripping into him for, i work hard to tax and insure my car and expect others to do the same.

imagine if he crashes into your car and damages it and it turns out he is uninsured due to a "trader" policy that doesnt cover him and your left to pick up the bill.

obviously the rozzers are suspicious of the policy too hence the checks
There is one thing being suspicious and there is another thing being guilty. The guy said he is insured so what makes you think he isn't insured? I bought and sold cars part time whilst also doing another job, I used a traders policy no issues even had a van on the policy no issues that I used for my day job.
Insurance companies in my experience aren't bothered what you do as long as you tell the truth.

I wouldn't worry about speeding as they have no proof but if they think you overtook dangerously then they could hit you with driving without due care, careless/wreck less driving or even dangerous driving so expect the worse.
Old 02 April 2013, 08:53 PM
blackpoolrock
Scooby Regular

Its insured, my car is insured under the policy and im a named driver under the policy, they couldnt get through insuramce to confirm as I dont have the policy with me but my boss does, im 100% insured on the vehicle they just found it hard to believe cz of my age and just wanted to make sure its legit

so if its ON THE POLICY they would know it was insured when they PNC the car !

are you sure you didnt have a big gold chain on and a big cigar !!!!

Quick Reply: pulled over by police